Suan Pakkad Palace
This delightful collection of traditional Thai houses in a tropical garden setting are part of a museum complex, Suan Pakkad Palace, left to the public by Prince and Princess Chumbhot in 1952.
The houses, which were removed from all over Thailand and brought to the Palace complex for rebuilding and restoration, are museum pieces in themselves; each house holds a treasure trove of family heirlooms and antiquities.
A stand out is the Lacquer Pavilion, which dates from the 17th century and originally stood at a temple near Ayutthaya.
The Suan Pakkad Palace is on Sri Ayudhya Road, 5 minutes walk from BTS (Skytrain) Phaya Thai.