Every city has its key landmark café that has survived the test of time; in Dublin that café is Bewley’s.
Beginning in the tea trade in the 19th century, the Bewley family moved
into coffee roasting and opened their first café in 1894. These days
the flagship café is in Grafton Street – it was opened in 1927 when
Ireland was just emerging from the Irish War of Independence and the
subsequent civil war.