An excellent day trip from Granada if you don't have a car.
The pick up worked well in the morning and we had a good group of people of many languages. We were the only primary English speakers even though the tour was listed as English. The tour guide made sure to include us in everything, and it went well. We enjoyed the ham-factory tour as this was something we had never seen before. The lunch was huge and more food than we could eat, although it was a bit late (almost 2:30pm) for us. The views are great from these small towns, and it was an enjoyable day.
Doing what: Las Alpujarras Day Trip from Granada
Brilliant Tour, we have lived in Costa de Almeria for nearly 7 years, always promising ourselves the trip to Granada and the Alhambra, as we have a small Casa Rural we have been busy and not had the time to make the trip. Finally with friends from the UK we actually got the chance and it was really worth the extra for the private tour. We are already recommending to our friends and guests, our guide spoke brilliant English, friendly and made the tour very interesting. We will certainly be back to Granada for more.
It was perfect--when we arrived at our hotel the day before they had already called to arrange to pick us up the next day. The tour was thorough--we were able to see everything we had hoped to see, and the guide was clear and helpful. A wonderful experience we will never forget--if had been a lifetime dream of my husband to visit Alhambra and the palaces.
This is an excellent tour. Well organized with not too much walking and our guide Henrique was full of interesting insight about the palace. One tip - take the short walk down into town after the tour. Well worth it.
What an amazing place with such a rich history. Our guide was so knowledgable, I would absolutely recommend this tour.
While we very much enjoyed the tour, it would have been better had our guide's english speaking skills been stronger - more fluent. This will effect our decisions on a tour again in the future.
The tour was split into two parts. The Alhambra tour was very good with a very knowledgable guide who got us in past the queues and into places not visited by the public. The Generalife tour was shorter but well worth it.
The Alhambra tour was excellent, but I was disappointed that I had to buy a ticket to the Hamman, just to be able to get a ticket to the Alhambra. As it was we were unable to use the Hamman that day and the company wouldn't let use have a voucher to use for another day.
Doing what: Skip the Line: Alhambra Tour and Granada Hammam
* The local tour guides from each city were very good, particularly Guillermo's all-English tour in Granada. He is an employee of the Alhambra.
* The tours gave wonderful "to the head of the lines" access and covered places not accessible by the general public.
* The 4-star hotels at Cordoba and Seville were very good.
* Communication about how this kind of tour worked overall was at the last minute, confusing or non-existent. Now we understand that trip members in each of the three cities were handled by a different tour agency. Needs an overall email or sheet explaining the overall structure of the 3 days, i.e. pick up times for each part of each day and contact # if something goes wrong. We missed both a pickup at a train station in Cordoba (2nd day) and the tapas tour (Granada) due to lack of information. In Grenada, we almost didn't get on the Alhambra tour because the transporter did not see us on her list. Fortunately, she called, and we were able to enjoy that great tour mentioned above. In Granada, everyone seemed surprised to learn of our existence.
* The tours in Cordoba and Seville were conducted in both Spanish and English.
* The 4-star hotel in Granada was quite far from the interesting parts of town and their Wifi was terrible.
Overall we'd recommend it but know what you're getting into.
It was too small a group for what we wanted. All the reviews talk about how much fun it is and everyone has a few drinks. Whilst the tour was interesting and the guide did his best, there were only 2 couples. Ourselves, speaking English and a spanish couple who spoke no English. This meant the guide had to spread his time and repeat everything twice.
It was a well informed and executed tour. The tour guide was very pleasant. I wonder however if it's worth the $70. I would not do tour if on a budget.
Great Tour with a fun guide. This is our second visit to Alhambra, and by far the best of the two.
Absolutely wonderful - the guide was full of interesting information (well read). There was just so much to see, take in and to photograph! Be prepared for a full walk and there is so much to stay on and see after the tour (a real full day just to give the whole complex justice). Well worth a visit and the tour was well worth the money (you get to see things that you would not have access to)
Our guide was Sema (something like that). She was energetic, and passionate. She truly made our Alhambra experience amazing. Yes, I would strongly recommend it. From pick-up to drop-off "Viator" you do know how to do it.
From pick-up to drop off - FANTASTIC. Spend the extra dollar and get the dinner. Well worth it and better seats! The show was touristy and fun. Just what you wanted on this tour. No disappointment. It was as expected.
Loading more reviews