First appearing in a 13th century book by ancient Chinese writer Zhu Mu, this established list was carefully followed by generations of poets and painters who gave the ten scenes around West Lake the infamous level of devotion they receive today.
All selected for their stunning natural beauty the Ten Scenes of the West Lake include:
- Su Di Chun Xiao (Dawn on the Su Causeway)
- Qu Yuan Feng He (Curved Yard and Lotus Pool in Summer)
- Ping Hu Qiu Yue (Moon over the Peaceful Lake in Autumn)
- Duan Qiao Can Xue (Lingering Snow on the Broken Bridge)
- Lei Feng Xi Zhao (Leifeng Pagoda in the Sunset)
- Shuang Feng Cha Yun (Two Peaks Piercing the Clouds)
- Liu Lang Wen Ying (Orioles Singing in the Willows)
- Hua Gang Guan Yu (Fish Viewing at the Flower Pond)
- San Tan Yin Yue (Three Ponds Mirroring the Moon)
- Nan Ping Wan Zhong (Evening Bell Ringing at the Nanping Hill)
We don't have any reviews for this recommendation – be the first to review it! Simply click Add Review above and share your opinion.