Well worth the money. Half a day was great for the cruise, but the full day also includes a tour of the palace, which, on reflection was a godd idea. the scenery was wonderful and the service excellent.
Amazing view and very friendly crews. A relaxed trip.
Very nice tour, the full day so one must be prepared to walk and see a lot. 99.9% walking tour.
KURIAKOSE M J
A very relaxed way to experience the Bosphorus, learn about the history of the area and recover from a long international flight.
Great tour guide. Lousy restaurant. Panoramic view wasnt too impressive.
Pleased with most of this tour. However, there was an issue with a neighboring tour ship which broke down. We had the folks from the other ship come onto ours and unfortunately that led to us not being able to complete the most important part of the tour which was the Black Sea. We should have still gone to the Black Sea wth everyone rather than detour the ship to another port to drop off the other ship passengers.
We were collected from our hotel, after we had made three phone calls to the local tour operator. The tour guide was pleasant and very polite. However the trip to the spice bazaar was aimed at taking us to a particular stall, supposedly the oldest family run stall in the bazaar, which was great but started to appear as a rip off when the tour guide appeared back on the coach clutching bags and bags of "free items" from the owner of the stall!
The river cruise on the Bosphorus was truly excellent and the highlight of the trip.
Unfortunately the return journey to our hotel was appalling ultimately ending with us being dropped of in the back streets of Istanbul with a very vague set of verbal directions. In fact, apart from the obvious set up and attempted rip off of the spice bazaar the transport was the worst part of the trip wasting at least 3 hours of our holiday.
Doing what: Bosphorus Cruise and Istanbul's Egyptian Bazaar
Not one I would do again group size too big could not hear tour guide if you were not next to him, and there was a lack of interest from guides on the cruise down the Bosphorus. The fact that we had a fashion show at a leather factory and wasted nearly an hr here was not why I did this tour, I would have preferred more information and history on this tour. Lunch was terrible and if you got a drink you were charged more for it then stated on the menu. Final part was a picture opportunity but as it was the end of the day not really worth it. This tour was very disappointing and not worth the money.
1. Hotel pick up changed twice and if we had been out we would not have known
2. Rumeli Hisan fort was never mentioned and therefore no photo opportunities
3. Boat sailed before lunch - food was not good.
4. Drinks were very expensive and we were not told a price
5. Did not make the Black Sea and no explaination why - although in fairness the weather was bad.
6. When we reached what we presume to be Anadolu Kavagi (although we were not told) there was no guided tour of the castle ruins.
7. We picked up a group who where stranded and returned to Istanbul, wine was offered which we thought was complimentary for the disruption but were charged .
8. There was no commentary on what to look out for on the way down and very little on the way back and this by the other tour guide.
9. Complaining bought no joy what so ever
10 Instead of trip being five and a half hours it was only four
11. All in all a very disappointing trip and not to be recommended
This was a thoroughly disappointing tour. The coach tour of Golden Horn was no more than a couple sentences said on the way to the port. Pierre Loti has beautiful views, but we spent only 15 minutes at the cafe and more than an hour waiting for the entire group to descend on the two-minute cable car ride. I'd absolutely recommend taking a cruise or ferry on the Bosphorus, but you're better off arranging it yourself. The tour was also mostly spoken in Spanish, and the cruise was a mix of German, English, and Spanish, so I feel like I missed most of what was being said.
It was Fantastic.The Bosphorous was amazing.
Doing what: Morning Bosphorus and Golden Horn Cruise
This tour was amazing!
The staff was friendly and personable, and informative about the sites we saw and went to. The food was great as well!
This tour was amazing!
Loading more reviews