Martine was a great tour guide. I believe he pointed out places along the way that he didn't need to tell us about but he did because he enjoyed being a guide. We loved all three of the towns including Fatima. Being Catholic we wanted to visit Fatima. It's very nice but definitely just for a quick stop. Luckily, we will able to sit through most of a mass that was going on in the outside chapel. Loved Obidos but unfortunately it started raining when we got there. A very quaint town! We bought the ginginha there which is like a cherry cello that is supposedly one of the best in all of Portugal. Just arrived home and can't wait to open it!
Thanks again Martine!
There were six of us on this tour which made it very nice. Fatima was overwhelming. When we arrived mid-morning, 65,000+ people were there, an outdoor Mass was being celebrated, choir was singing, and more and more people kept arriving. It was a very moving experience. Nazare was good for lunch and we drove to the coast to the spot where surfers surf 40-foot waves at certain time of the year.
The tour was fantastic. The driver/travel guide, Andres, was very efficient and has a good personality. We enjoyed Fatima, Nazare, Bathalha and Ovidos. It was full but the tempo was relaxed and unhurried. It is weel worth the fee!
We loved our Fatima tour. We found the driver and tour guide both to be friendly and well-informed. All of our stops were places we had wanted to visit. Our guide was one of the best we've ever had. Thank You!
Perfect, nothing to say. Starting with the in-time pick-up from the hotel. Very modern busses (clean, new) and of course the routing to Fatima. I personally did the circuit 8 times before, my wife once before. We had the chance to have as a guide the best in Lisbon (see picture) as well as a very good driver Fernando. Very lucky with the catastrophic weather of Lisbon (monday 13 October the city under water) but all 4 days in sunshine. Good fish in Nazaré but ...strange white and red wine. We fully recommend this trip. We hope to be part of it when we come back to Lisbon: in two years perhaps.
Doing what: Óbidos, Nazaré, Fátima and Batalha Day Trip
The guide was good , not exceptional . The itinerary was very good although fatima seems awfully commercial , that's not the fault of the tour however . The guides suggestion for lunch was very good . It fulfilled everything we wanted and was quite a busy day
Very well organized and very enjoyable. Driver was knowledgable
and attentive. Our companions were fun and great company.
We would have liked more time in Fatima.
The tour went well. Our driver Marinho is very professional. Though the 1 hour allotment for Fatima is too short for such a historical site.
We did not appreciate stopping at what appeared to be a company owned store in Fatima before reaching our destination. Several on tour took way more for our allotted time which impacted our time at the main attraction. Plus this was not disclosed in tour information ahead of time. This negatively impacted our visit to this holy site. Guide was great, while having to speak in 4 languages for the various nationalities on tour. On returning to Lisbon, we were the last ones to be dropped off at our hotel, which did provide an additional tour of Lisbon, if we looked on the bright side, and bus driver was amazing how he maneuvered on the streets of Lisbon.
Very long bus ride to Fatima and not much to see, very disappointed! The tour was bi-lingual instead of English speaking only so find it quite boring as the tour guide needs to explain the history 2 times for the same view.
Highly recommended, it was a great tour and our tourguide Andre was very pleasant and very knowledgeable, could have used a little more time in Fatima. Overall it was wonderful and the food at a local restaurant that our tour guide Andre recommended was great,
This tour is highly recommended!!! Our tour guide, Ana, is very informative and accommodating. She spoke four languages during the tour - Portuguese, English, Spanish, and German.
These are the good points of the tour:
1. Pickup - was very convenient. Pickup was on time from the Lisbon hotel.
2. Content - we went to Obidos, Alcobaca, Nazare, Batalha, and Fatima. It was a lot of places in one day. There were also a lot of stories along the way to give context to the site, history, and the characters.
3. Fatima Factory - where religious articles can be bought is a very good stop.
4. Language - the English tour guide was very good.
5. Lunch - was served in the seaside village of Nazare - seafood was served.
6. Drop Off - drop off was also convenient and directly to the hotel.
7. Value for Money - with the sites, content, and experience you are getting with this tour - this is the best value for money you can get. Partner this up with a Lisbon City Tour, you definitely will have a very memorable Portugal experience.
Additional points to note:
1. If you are after one place and would like to spend more time in that place, like Fatima, it will be better if you took a different tour that will take you there.
2. The Fatima factory of religious articles duration is pretty brief. Again maybe because the tour packs a lot of content.
3. Not enough time to absorb and appreciate the sites - again because the tour packs a lot in a days trip.
Doing what: Óbidos, Nazaré, Fátima and Batalha Day Trip
This tour is highly recommended! There are several good points I can enumerate:
1. Very convenient – pickup was prompt and directly from the hotel. Drop off was directly to the hotel as well.
2. Content – we went to Obidos, Alcobaca, Nazare, Batalha, and Fatima. This is a lot of places in one day. Our tour guide, Ana, gives remarkable information on the sites while on the bus and on the sites themselves.
3. Value for Money – for the number of sites, experience, and Portuguese history, this brings the most bang for your buck!
4. Free Time on the sites – there are some free time allocated for some sites.
A noteworthy point, if you are after visiting a specific site in detail, like in Fatima, this might not be the best tour for you. Because there is quite little time left for free roaming and exploring, you will quickly run out of time if you want to drill down into more details, or attend service, on the programmed sites.
This was our 3rd tour with the Inside Lisbon team and although our guide Andre was not at his best (he was a bit tired and was not as good as Catarina and Luigi/Luis), my mom and I really liked the places that were part of this tour. Fatima and Batalha Monastery were huge - in terms of space and size. The seafood meal in Nazare was awesome - with a very nice view of the cliff and the ocean. I liked Obidos the most - it's a small village...so quaint!
Small group of 8, our driver and tour guide Andre was very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful throughout the tour and made it a really great day out. Fatima - an incredible spiritual place; Nazare - spectacular views of the town from the clifftop, and great lunch at the recommended venue; Obidos - a most interesting medieval town. All in all a tour well worth doing.
Loading more reviews