Great experience. Pedro was a good guide , very knowledgeable, and gave us an insiders feel of the towns of Fatima , Nazare aNd Obidos. Highly recommended tour while in Lisbon!
We had a wonderful time on this day tour. It was the best way to visit these sites in such a short amount of time. It gives you a good sense of each city. I would love to go back to Nazare for an extended stay! The seafood and scenery was spectacular. Our guide was friendly and knowledgeable. Everything was organized very well and very punctual. I wish we were back there!
All in all you get small bits of four locations in a short time.Highly recommended. Francisco was very knowledgeable, good driver and took good care of all of us.We spend only an hour in Fatima which may not be enough if you are very religious as mass alone takes around 35 mins.Nazare would require more than an hour ideally to explore have lunch and enjoy the beach.I would have loved to walk the walls of Obidos leisurely but it takes more than an hour for that.the tour was well worth it! Enjoyed it immensely.
I was lucky enough to do the full day trip to Fatima, Batalha, Nazare and Obidos with Luis. He was knowledgeable, interesting and spoke passionately about the places we visited and Lisbon in general. Fabulous tour and brilliant guide.
Our guide was excellent -- great knowledge of the local area with interesting tidbits and observations. His recommendation for lunch in Nazare was one of the best meals we had in Portugal. Enjoyed stops at Nazare and Obidos the most. We felt that the tour was well-paced with lots of time to fully appreciate the various stops. When it was foggy later in the day, the guide offered us options for the route back. Overall a very successful day.
We truly enjoyed a very full day of history and exploration on this tour. Lunch was included in a delightful restaurant by the sea in Nazare. Our tour guide, Anna, was very knowledgeable and imparted useful information inherent to our visit of different sites. The tour was well paced and gave us time to explore without being rushed.
Michael and Anna
Doing what: Óbidos, Nazaré, Fátima and Batalha Day Trip
The tour was fantastic. The driver/travel guide, Andres, was very efficient and has a good personality. We enjoyed Fatima, Nazare, Bathalha and Ovidos. It was full but the tempo was relaxed and unhurried. It is weel worth the fee!
There were six of us on this tour which made it very nice. Fatima was overwhelming. When we arrived mid-morning, 65,000+ people were there, an outdoor Mass was being celebrated, choir was singing, and more and more people kept arriving. It was a very moving experience. Nazare was good for lunch and we drove to the coast to the spot where surfers surf 40-foot waves at certain time of the year.
This tour is highly recommended!!! Our tour guide, Ana, is very informative and accommodating. She spoke four languages during the tour - Portuguese, English, Spanish, and German.
These are the good points of the tour:
1. Pickup - was very convenient. Pickup was on time from the Lisbon hotel.
2. Content - we went to Obidos, Alcobaca, Nazare, Batalha, and Fatima. It was a lot of places in one day. There were also a lot of stories along the way to give context to the site, history, and the characters.
3. Fatima Factory - where religious articles can be bought is a very good stop.
4. Language - the English tour guide was very good.
5. Lunch - was served in the seaside village of Nazare - seafood was served.
6. Drop Off - drop off was also convenient and directly to the hotel.
7. Value for Money - with the sites, content, and experience you are getting with this tour - this is the best value for money you can get. Partner this up with a Lisbon City Tour, you definitely will have a very memorable Portugal experience.
Additional points to note:
1. If you are after one place and would like to spend more time in that place, like Fatima, it will be better if you took a different tour that will take you there.
2. The Fatima factory of religious articles duration is pretty brief. Again maybe because the tour packs a lot of content.
3. Not enough time to absorb and appreciate the sites - again because the tour packs a lot in a days trip.
Doing what: Óbidos, Nazaré, Fátima and Batalha Day Trip
This was our 3rd tour with the Inside Lisbon team and although our guide Andre was not at his best (he was a bit tired and was not as good as Catarina and Luigi/Luis), my mom and I really liked the places that were part of this tour. Fatima and Batalha Monastery were huge - in terms of space and size. The seafood meal in Nazare was awesome - with a very nice view of the cliff and the ocean. I liked Obidos the most - it's a small village...so quaint!
I loved this day trip. Augusto was our guide and he was very nice. The day was relaxing and I enjoyed a lot. My favorite visit was Nazare... beautiful village. I highly recommend this trip!
Obidos and Nazare are beautiful places and highly recommended. Fatima is really only for the religious and anthropologists; it is a strange place. The guide, Luis was really excellent; very informative and friendly.
This was a great tour and our tour guide Nadia was very pleasant and knowledgeable. We could have used a little more time in Fatima. Nazare was more of a beach town than a fishing village but overall it was nice to see and the food at a local restaurant was great. We had great views during the road trip.
Amazing experience with a knowledgeable guide. We've seen the highlights of the area finishing with its gen: Obidos. Don't miss this city! If you can only allocate one day, I highly recommend this day trip. It took us exactly 9 hours to visit Fatima, Batalha monastery, Nazare and Obidos.
Excellent....Fatima, Obidos and specially Nazaret.....if you are is Lisbon must take this tour.....three different scenarios in one day......Excellent One Day Tour....
Loading more reviews