This tour was really perfect. Every meal was different and delicious, and really highlighted the excellent cuisine of Taiwan. The accommodations were very comfortable and pleasant. James was an excellent tour guide and is full of funny and interesting stories about Taiwan. The group was small and we got to know our fellow travelers pretty well, which added to the fun. Interestingly enough, the "featured" attraction of Sun Moon Lake was probably the least interesting part, but I think it has become a bit of a tourist spot. I would say that this tour is a great way to get to know Taiwan in a hurry.
A value-for-money enjoyable 4-day round Island tour. Good Hotels and Good Food (Breakfast and Lunch provided). Half the journey was via Shinkansen and train rides. This made the journey very pleasant and less tiring. However, may not be suitable for older folks especially to manage daily luggage and getting and out of train platforms. Overall, we had a great time and would recommend this tour. Thanks Viator! =D
Enjoyable tour. Good hotels and food. Very professional guide.
Would have loved to spend more time at Taroko Gorge. Instead, we were taken to the marble factory and showroom. Wasted 1 1/2 hours. Our tour guide Danny was very experienced and accommondating. If it wasn't for the marble factory stop, i would have given this tour a 5 star.
A good way to see the highlights of Taiwan in a short time. James (the tour leader) was very good and hotels were excellent. The included lunches are also well above what you'd expect from a tour package. Having said this, the bus used for the tour between Taichung and Hualien was a 21-seat minibus which had obviously been touring for some time, it was not as comfortable as the larger coaches used by some other tour groups (one star off for this). Taroko Gorge in particular was spectacular and I plan to return to spend more time there.
Highly recommended tour. Experienced english speaking guide and nice accomodations. However, i think it's not suitable for young family with kids.
My tour guide (Thomas) was great. He speaks quite a few languages so it was kind of cool to hear. The tour itself was alright. If you're into learning about the history you will like this. There was a lot of visiting temple places. The lunch provided at the restaurants to me was mediocre. It wasn't the best and wasn't the worst. The hotels were pretty good, but i wouldn't say its 6 stars.
This is my 5th time travelling with Viator and its also the first time that i had to follow a Viator tour with 30 other people. The reason why i liked travelling with Viator is becos of its small-group tours, you can have very personalised service/guide and travelling is a lot more convenient and faster (dont have to keep waiting for others).
Me and my friends were very shocked, as, if we wanted to travel with the typical large bus tour groups, we could easily booked it off through any local travel agency.
About the tour - it was multi-racial on board the bus, the guide had to speak/repeat in 3 different languages. Food and hotel were value for money. We were bought to some "tourist-only" night market (in kaoshiong) where everything was so expensive, we took a cab and left to a near by mall. We were also told that its their custom to give tips.
In my opinion, i guess this tour is more suitable for the older age.
1. The information you provided about the agency location in Taiwan Taoyuan Airport which we can activate the i-Venture cards was incorrect and we were rushing around over 30 minutes with our luggage looking for it. Then they took further over 20 minutes to authorise and issue cards to us.
2. We would like to book the Alishan Human Ecology Journey Day Tour but after we made five calls to your agency but they could not confirm the booking and have never call us back.
3. We went to Yun Hsien Resort the staff there don't know how to comply with i-Venture and took nearly an hour before letting us through but on our i-Venture cards during our visit and never give us the free gifts vouchers which they offered to each visitor. Upon return to the ticket office they took further 30 minutes before return our i-Venture cards.
4. We went to National Palace Museum, before we arrived there was no instruction that we need to exchanged our i Venture to a museum tickets from somewhere else (0.5 km away, downhill and back), we have two senior persons which are not very good on their feet, so I have to left them behind and run to change our ticket.
5. We went to Taipei 101 and they don't let us queue on the fast track lane which I was let believe that is included.
6. We booked for a snack meal at Chef Hung Taiwan Noodles, they shown us wrong menu and tried to charge us full price afterward. My Mum didn't understand and thought I took her to wash the dishes.
7. It was same again when we went to Taipei Eye after present the i Venture they still try to charge us full price.
I found the whole episode was very painful and it will be cheaper and easier for us to go without the i Venture card. We will not recommend to any our friends about this tour as it very bad in value.
Doing what: Taipei Unlimited Attractions Pass
Loading more reviews