We booked the 5 star Gold cruise ship but instead the agency gave us a room on the president 1 ship. The room was ok but the bathroom not very clean. On top of that the agency told us that we had to pay for the fengdu tour excursion as it was optional. The staff onboard however was very kind.
Boat fantastic. Rooms clean/comfy. Tours/guides highly recommended especially mini gorges. This is Chinese tour few westerners but meeting your fellow passengers is half the fun and you will be looked after amazingly by Snow who deserves special praise. Even of you know no Chinese (me) still go here
The most important comments are positives:
1. Very interesting cruise.
2. Caring staff
3. There were only a few non Chinese speakers on the cruise. The staff went out of their way to make certain we were cared for.
Unfortunately, a number of negatives:
1.Too many items were considered an upgrade which required an extra fee.
2. Food quality needs to improve especially for western tastes.
3. Bed should be more comfortable.
4. The option we chose was 5 star plus. This is a gross exaggeration.
5. My gut feeling is that the price for Chinese tourists was lower than the price paid by Westerners.
It would be good to let prospective passengers know that a river cruiser (boat)
is NOT the same as an international ocean cruiser. I wonder how you managed
to get wheel-chair bound passengers up to the fifth-floor cabins and the sixth-floor
open deck without proper ramps or lifts.
Very comprehensive coverage of the relevant sights that should not be missed along the Yangtze. Hassle-free check-in onboard the ship on the first day. Spacious and pleasant ship interior. There are no elevators though. Good and substantial meals onboard.
Loading more reviews