San Francisco, CA (February 25, 2009)
- This week marks the 90th Anniversary of the Grand Canyon receiving its National Park status back in 1919. The experience experts at Viator.com
are featuring some great discounts on many of their most popular activities throughout the different parts of the Grand Canyon so travelers can easily add big value and excitement to any trip to Las Vegas.
"Travelers who have never been to Las Vegas before are always surprised how many opportunities there are to explore the Grand Canyon from Sin City," said Rod Cuthbert, founder and chairman of Viator. "With really competitive deals for getting to and staying in Las Vegas out there right now, travelers can come to Viator, browse through our selection of more than 100 things to do there and book an experience that will really make their trip something to remember."
# 1 Tour in Viator's # 1 destination
- More than 20% off - The half-day Grand Canyon All American Helicopter Tour, boasting a Viator 4-star rating and 621 traveler reviews, includes a descent deep into the canyon with a champagne picnic 3,200 feet below the rim. This tour, which sells out frequently so travelers should book early, is $287 per person*.
Other Top Sellers on Sale
- Nearly 50% off - Travel to the Hoover Dam and explore Black Canyon during the Grand Canyon South Rim Day Trip from Las Vegas (from $90) which includes stops at the visitor center, Bright Angel Lodge, the Hopi House and Indian Art Museum.
- Nearly 50% off - See incredible IMAX footage at the National Geographic Visitor Center during the Grand Canyon South Rim Bus Tour with IMAX (from $94). Relax during the journey but have a camera ready for photos of Hoover Dam, Yavapai Point, Mather Point and the Colorado River.
- 30% off - With the casinos of the strip in the rearview mirror, take off on the Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam Day Trip from Las Vegas with Optional FREE Skywalk (from $149). Enjoy the newly created Skywalk; explore Eagle Point Indian Village, the Hualapai Ranch Wild West show and a Cowboy Cookout.
- 30% off - The Grand Canyon West Rim Air and Ground Day Trip from Las Vegas with Skywalk (from $220) journeys by fixed-wing airplane providing breathtaking views of Las Vegas, Boulder City, Lake Mead, Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon and includes a barbecue lunch at Guano Point, 4,000 feet above the Colorado River.
- 20 - 30% off - The Grand Canyon Helicopter and Ranch Adventure (from $289) visits the exclusive Grand Canyon West Ranch for a taste of the old Wild West including a horse-drawn wagon ride, an authentic western meal, and entertainment from real working cowboys.
- More than 20% off - The Grand Canyon West Rim Air Adventure Day Trip from Las Vegas (from $325) includes a flight to the West Rim by fixed-wing airplane, a helicopter flight beneath the rim, a cruise down the Colorado River and a barbecue lunch.
- 20% off - Enjoy panoramic views of Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, Iceberg Canyon, the Valley of Fire and the Bowl of Fire during the Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour from Las Vegas (from $269).
Back from the Canyon
- 30% off - The Las Vegas Night Strip Helicopter Tour (from $70) begins with a glass of champagne before boarding the luxurious A-Star Jet Helicopter for a tour of the bright nighttime lights of the Las Vegas Strip.
- Viator has a vast selection of show tickets, city passes, sightseeing tours and desert adventures (with many currently on sale) to meet every travelers' preference and budget.
Viator.com offers more than 130 experiences in and around Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon, all backed by a low price guarantee and pre-screened for quality and service. Booking activities before travel through Viator, the leading online resource for researching and booking more than 5,500 activities around the world, saves valuable vacation time for exploration and excitement and guarantees travelers will get to do what they want, when they want. Visit the Viator Travel Blog for more great travel ideas and inspirations.
Note - *All prices listed are per person and are current at the time of this press release.
Viator is the world's leading online resource for travel experiences, providing access to more than 5,500 tours, attractions and activities in 450-plus destinations in 75 countries. Viator - the Latin word for traveler - offers travelers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities with helpful resources like nearly 100,000 traveler reviews and photos, star ratings, suggested itineraries and the Viator Travel Blog. Viator's in-house travel experts have picked respected and trusted local operators to ensure a quality experience, value and service, all backed by Viator's low-price guarantee. Founded in 1995, Viator sells its products directly to consumers at www.viator.com and through its global network of more than 1,000 affiliates that include major hotel and airline companies, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Through its collection of company operated and affiliated sites, Viator welcomes more than 2.5 million visitors per month. Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas.