SAN FRANCISCO, CA (November 18, 2009) - Viator.com, the leading resource for researching and booking more than 5,500 trip activities and experiences in 75 countries at the best prices, is on the go with the launch today of its new mobile site, http://mobile.viator.com
. As part of Viator's ongoing efforts to deliver innovative resources that help travelers plan the perfect trip, the new mobile site beta, optimized for the iPhone and other smartphone devices, will enable customers to research destinations and book activities - anytime, anywhere - through the added convenience of a 'phone-friendly' interface.
Viator Mobile will enable travelers to:
- Explore any of Viator's more than 5,500 activities by destination or by keyword
- Access more than 100,000 traveler reviews and photos
- Confirm the latest availability and pricing
- Click to Book with confirmation and voucher delivery via email
- Call to Book with a Viator agent with flexible email or fax confirmation and voucher delivery, ideal for in-destination bookings
Travelers already on-the-go in their destination will reap particular benefit from access to real-time availability and pricing as well as the ability to "Call to Book" seven days a week between 10am and 8 pm EST. This direct contact with Viator agents means travelers won't need to find a computer to obtain a printed voucher - a requirement of all tour operators. Rather, Viator agents will fax vouchers to the travelers' hotel or direct to the operator of the activity they've booked.
"The travelers' historic dependence on the hotel concierge for reliable destination information and access has waned in favor of dependable and flexible resources like Viator. Many of our leading global suppliers have noted a surge in online bookings as concierge bookings have tapered off," said Rod Cuthbert, founder and chairman of Viator speaking from the PhocusWright Executive Conference in Orlando. "With access to thousands of actual traveler reviews, whether online in advance or through mobile in-destination, the ability to make the best choice is quite literally now in the travelers hands."
Viator Mobile is the latest improvement from Viator to help travelers plan better trips, following the debut of additional language versions earlier this year in French, German and Spanish. About Viator
Viator is the world's leading online resource for travel experiences, providing access to more than 5,500 tours, attractions and activities in 450-plus destinations in 75 countries. Viator - the Latin word for traveler
- offers travelers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities with helpful resources like nearly 100,000 traveler reviews and photos, star ratings, suggested itineraries and the Viator Travel Blog. Viator's in-house travel experts have picked respected and trusted local operators to ensure a quality experience, value and service, all backed by Viator's low-price guarantee. Founded in 1995, Viator sells its products directly to consumers at www.viator.com and through its global network of more than 1,000 affiliates that include major hotel and airline companies, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Through its collection of company operated and affiliated sites, Viator welcomes more than 2.5 million visitors per month. Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas.