2010 Press Releases
The Crush is on for Wine and Vineyard Experiences from Viator.com
September 9, 2010
Wine Experiences in Napa and Sonoma
Gracing the landscape less than 90 minutes from the Viator headquarters in San Francisco are some of the world's most beautiful and successful vineyards. Travelers who wish to experience this part of Northern California's rich heritage will enjoy the following wine tours in Napa and Sonoma:
- The Napa and Sonoma Wine Country Tour visits both boutique and large-scale wineries like Nicholson Ranch Winery (Sonoma), Madonna Estate, Mt. St. John (Napa) and Sutter Home (Napa).
- The Napa and Sonoma Wine Tour from San Francisco visits between four to six more off-the-beaten-path boutique wineries and welcomes special visit requests if time and distance allow.
- The Napa Valley Wine Country Day Trip and Alcatraz Tour offers a full day of wine exploration at vineyards like Domaine Chandon, Andretti Winery, V. Sattui and Rutherford Ranch along with a ticket to Alcatraz.
- The Wine Country and Muir Woods Overnight Tour combines the natural beauty of the towering Redwoods of Muir Woods National Monument with the man-made beauty of the wines created in the Sonoma Valley.
Wine Experiences in France
It may look like champagne and taste like champagne, but unless the grapes were grown in France, you can't call it champagne. In addition to the Champagne region, the Rhone and Loire Valleys, and the Burgundy and Bordeaux regions of France are rife with wine exploration.
- For the real deal, the Champagne Region Day Trip from Paris visits the Moet & Chandon cellars in Epernay and the Mumm Champagne House in Reims (the capital of the Champagne region).
- The Private Provence Tour: Avignon Wine Tour is a tasting trip through one of the largest wine regions in France and includes time in Chateauneuf-du-Pape, known for powerful red wines.
- The Medoc 1855 Classification Premium Wine Tasting Day Trip from Bordeaux visits three chateaux producing the prestigious Medoc wines for the travelers' tasting pleasure.
Wine Experiences in Italy
With some of the oldest wine producing lands in the world, Italy is well-explored through the grape considering its importance to the culture. Viator's wine tours in Italy include:
- The Small Group Chianti Wine Region Day Trip from Florence includes visits to two Chianti wineries where travelers learn about the local traditions of wine-making and taste the rich vintages.
- The Frascati Wine Tasting Tour from Rome includes a visit to one of the oldest vineyards in the Frascati region and a tasting of wines and freshly pressed olive oils at the Pallavicini estate.
- From Turin, the Private Tour: Piedmont Wine Tasting of the Barolo Region features a visit to Cordero di Montezemolo winery and tastings of Piedmontese wines including Barolo and Nebbiolo.
Wine Experiences in Australia
Despite its lack of a native grape, Australia has become one of the largest exporters of wine in the world with major regions that include the Yarra Valley, Hunter Valley, Swan River and Adelaide Hills. Wine experiences from Viator include:
- The Yarra Valley Wine and Winery Tour from Melbourne visits three of the region's best known wineries: Yering Station, Rochford Winery and Domaine Chandon, known for its sparkling wines.
- Visit Australia's oldest wine-producing region during the Hunter Valley Wine Tasting Day Tour from Sydney including tastings at Lindemans Winery and Oakvale Winery.
- The Swan Valley Small-Group Day Trip from Perth explores the region's world-class fortified wines including Australia's best selection of sweet dessert wines known as 'stickies'.
Viator also features tours and tastings in both major as well as up-and-coming wine regions including Chile, Portugal, South Africa and Spain. For even more inspiration as well as the latest news on special promotions, deals, contests and suggestions, travelers of every sort can visit the Viator Travel Blog (http://travelblog.viator.com) as well as Twitter (http://twitter.com/ViatorTravel) and Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/ViatorTours).
Note: Winery/vineyard locations are subject to change and substitution; individual tasting fees are typically not included in tour pricing and are payable directly to the vineyard where applicable.
Viator is the world's leading online resource for travel experiences, providing access to more than 5,500 tours, attractions and activities in 450-plus destinations in 75 countries. Viator - the Latin word for traveler - offers travelers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities with helpful resources like nearly 100,000 traveler reviews and photos, star ratings, suggested itineraries and the Viator Travel Blog. Viator's in-house travel experts have picked respected and trusted local operators to ensure a quality experience, value and service, all backed by Viator's low-price guarantee. Founded in 1995, Viator sells its products directly to consumers at www.viator.com and through its global network of more than 1,000 affiliates that include major hotel and airline companies, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Through its collection of company operated and affiliated sites, Viator welcomes more than 2.5 million visitors per month. Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas.