SAN FRANCISCO (June 24, 2011)
- With July 4 falling on a Monday this year, there's an opportunity not to be overlooked for a long weekend getaway in celebration of America's birthday. Those who haven't made travel plans yet can still find plenty of bargains, as Viator
- the leading resource for nearly 9,000 tours and activities in 750 destinations in 150 countries – today unveiled the 10 best travel deals and destinations for celebrating independence at the last minute.
"Sometimes the best things do come to those who wait, and travelers who haven't made plans yet for the July 4th holiday weekend will find many bargains on last-minute tours and activities at Viator.com," said Barrie Seidenberg, President and CEO of Viator Inc. "The best deals include time-honored patriotic festivities such as firework displays and tours of historic monuments - and most can be booked up to the last minute using Viator's new travel apps for the iPhone
According to Viator, the top 10 destinations with the best deals to celebrate the July 4th holiday weekend include:
- New York - Watch one of the best fireworks displays in the country with Viator's once-in-a-lifetime July 4th VIP Exclusive: Fireworks from the Empire State Building's Observation Deck. A limited number of tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis for this two-hour, private evening event, guaranteed to sell out quickly.
- Washington, D.C. - See 100 of the most popular monuments and points of interest in America's capital after the sun goes down on the Washington D.C. Monuments by Moonlight Night Tour by Trolley, currently more than 50 percent off.
- Philadelphia - There's no better time to visit our nation's first capital than during a weekend to celebrate America's Independence. Travelers will save more than 45 percent on admission to six of the city's premier attractions with a Viator Philadelphia CityPASS.
- Las Vegas - Hit the highway out of Las Vegas and spend the day touring two major tourist attractions on the Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam Day Trip, currently on sale with savings more than 50 percent.
- Orlando - Get two days for the price of one at Kennedy Space Center, a short drive from Orlando and the launch site for every U.S. human space flight since December 1968.
- San Diego - Tour one of the largest aircraft carriers in the U.S. Navy fleet at the USS Midway Museum, San Diego's newest visitor attraction. A visit to this historic naval aircraft carrier museum is an essential experience for patriots of all ages.
- Boston - Travel north from Boston to historic Marblehead, the birthplace of the American Navy. Along the way, visit Salem, the Witch City and learn about the history of witchcraft and the reasons why the trials occurred.
- Niagara Falls - Visit New York's first state park on an overnight trip to Niagara Falls from New York City. On your journey, experience the state's diverse ethnic heritage and the rolling hills of the Finger Lakes, one of the country's premier wine producing areas.
- Oahu - Take a sobering journey through U.S. history on a tour of the Arizona Memorial and the USS Missouri, the last battleship built by the U.S. Navy. Tickets include skip-the-line access to make the most of a day at Pearl Harbor, complete with a tour of downtown Honolulu and a drive through Punchbowl National Cemetery of the Pacific. An added bonus: receive one free child ticket for each adult ticket purchased.
- Memphis - Walk in the footsteps of the King of Rock 'n' Roll at Elvis Presley's home, Graceland Mansion - the number one thing to do in Memphis, Tenn. Upgrade to the Elvis Entourage VIP Package and also receive entrance to a VIP Only Exhibit, Front of the Line Access to the Mansion and more.
is the world's leading online resource for travel experiences, providing access to nearly 9,000 tours, attractions and activities in 750-plus destinations in more than 150 countries. Viator - the Latin word for traveler - offers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities via its Web and mobile platforms with resources such as 260,000 traveler reviews, ratings and photos, suggested itineraries and the Viator Travel Blog. Viator's in-house travel experts hand-pick trusted local operators to ensure quality, value and service, all backed by a low-'price guarantee. Viator sells its products through Viator.com, the Viator Tours and Activities App for iPhone, the Viator Ultimate Experience Guide for iPad, eight local language sites for the European and Japanese markets and more than 2,000 affiliated sites that include major hotel chains and airlines, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Viator is a privately held company, with lead investment from The Carlyle Group, one of the world's largest private equity firms. Founded in 1995, Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Visit the Viator Travel Blog
for more inspiration or follow the company on Facebook
for the latest deals, promotions, contests and Viator news. Media Contacts: