Chance for Free Upgrades Available
- (Aug. 24, 2011) - Looking for fun things to do for Labor Day weekend? There?s still time to grab a last-minute deal on things to do close to home or during a long-weekend getaway. Viator
, the leading resource for nearly 9,000 tours and activities in 750 destinations in 150 countries, just added new deals on tours and activities available during the Labor Day holiday weekend, with discounts up to 50 % off already guaranteed low prices.
Some ideas, ranging from limited-time Member-Only Deals
to Viator?s everyday deals, include:
Register for a free account on Viator.com or download the free Viator Tours and Activities App for iPhone for instant access to Viator?s exclusive Member-Only Deals, including:
- Commemorate the Statue of Liberty?s birthday (she turns 125 in October!) with a New York Liberty Cruise, currently 20% off the standard rate, or $21.59, through Aug. 31.
- Customize a wine tasting tour of California?s Napa and Sonoma regions for 20% off, or $58.39, through Aug. 31.
- Check out Munich?s darker side on a ghost walking tour, currently $13.96, or 30% off, on Aug. 31. Or, see European art history come to life on a tour of Munich?s Neue Pinakothek gallery for $11.40, or 50 % off, on Sept. 4.
- From Venice, spend Sept. 3 sampling the famous wines of the Veneto with a visit to a 17th century villa and working vineyard, priced at $79.37 ? or 20% off.
- Enjoy a top-rated food and culture tour of Brooklyn on Sept. 5 for $76, or 20% off.
- Spend three hours doing laps around the Walt Disney World Speedway in the driver?s seat of a professional Nextel Cup style stock car ? more than 33% off on select dates in August and September, including Labor Day.
- Tour the Grand Canyon and the Hoover Dam on a 12-hour day trip from Las Vegas, currently more than 50% off over Labor Day weekend.
- Celebrate the Empire State Building?s 80th birthday with a trip to the 86th floor observation deck. Viator offers skip the line access starting at $21 so travelers can maximize their time at the top soaking in amazing views of the Manhattan skyline.
- Experience Viator?s more quirky and off-the-beaten path tours and activities in San Francisco, including a Vampire Walking Tour, a Chinatown Ghost Walking Tour and a North Beach Pub Crawl that takes visitors to bohemian hangouts and off-the-wall pubs ? all under $35.
- Take advantage of discounts on popular tours and attractions in new destinations recently launched on Viator, including Liverpool, Monaco, Panama, Siena, Sorrento and Verona. For example, save nearly 50% off a day trip to Siena and San Gimignano from Florence, priced at $81.96. Or, save 35% off Liverpool?s Beatles Story Experience, with prices starting at $14.03.
- Head to Washington, D.C. for an up-close-and-personal view of the nation?s Capitol on a customized tour led by one of Viator?s expert Private Tour Guides. These guides work with travelers to create personalized itineraries based on specific interests: from visits to popular monuments, memorials and famous landmarks to themed tours including African-American history, the Lincoln Assassination and the Civil War, among many others.
Travelers who book a Viator tour through Aug. 31 are eligible to win a free upgrade. To enter, simply ?like? Viator on Facebook after booking a tour and share details about upcoming travel plans. Each week, the Viator team will select a winner to receive a free upgrade for all travelers listed on the itinerary.
Viator?s last-minute Labor Day tours and activities can be accessed through Viator.com, the Viator Tours and Activities App for iPhone and Viator?s mobile site. Visit the Viator Travel Blog for more inspiration or follow the company on Facebook and Twitter for the latest deals, promotions, contests and Viator news.
# # #
Viator® is the world?s leading online resource for travel experiences, providing access to nearly 9,000 tours, attractions and activities in 750-plus destinations in more than 150 countries. Viator? the Latin word for traveler ? offers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities via its Web and mobile platforms with resources such as 260,000 traveler reviews, ratings and photos, suggested itineraries and the Viator Travel Blog. Viator?s in-house travel experts hand-pick trusted local operators to ensure quality, value and service, all backed by a low-price guarantee. Viator sells its products through Viator.com, the Viator Tours and Activities App for iPhone, the Viator Ultimate Experience Guide for iPad, eight local language sites for the European and Japanese markets and more than 2,000 affiliated sites that include major hotel chains and airlines, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Viator is a privately held company, with lead investment from The Carlyle Group, one of the world?s largest private equity firms. Founded in 1995, Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Visit the Viator Travel Blog for more inspiration or follow the company on Facebook and Twitter for the latest deals, promotions, contests and Viator news.