2011 Press Releases
Decadent Tours and Activities for Chocolate Lovers Available Through Viator
September 1, 2011
Viator, the leading resource for more than 9,000 tours and activities in 800-plus destinations in more than 150 countries, offers chocolate lovers a variety of activities around the world where they can learn about the history of chocolate, watch its preparation and sample the end product. So depending on how far you're willing to travel for your buzz, let your sweet tooth take the lead and go cuckoo for cocoa on these chocolate-themed tours:
- Paris Chocolate Walking Tour - Viator's walking tours are the perfect way to burn off any calories consumed from sampling chocolate, so there's no need to feel guilty about that extra piece (or two)! In Paris, follow the trail of top chocolate shops in the Right Bank, where you'll learn about the history of French chocolate and visit five chocolate boutiques ready to let you sample their treats. Prices start at $87.04.
- Florence Chocolate and Wine Tasting - In Tuscany, chocolate making has risen to an art form, with the area along the Arno River known as the Chocolate Valley. Spend an afternoon in Tuscany's capital - Florence - visiting a traditional chocolate maker, where the ultimate indulgence includes hand-made treats paired with Italian wines. Prices start at $71.09.
- Brussels Chocolate Walking Tour and Workshop - Chocolate looms large in Brussels, where travelers and fanatical chocoholics will enjoy a four-hour tour of the city's top shops, including free tastings at the most exclusive boutiques and a 45-minute hands-on workshop with a Master Chocolatier. Prices start at $101.55.
- Swiss Mountains, Cheese, and Chocolates Tour from Zurich - Switzerland boasts the highest per capita rate of chocolate consumption in the world, where travelers can enjoy an entire day sampling chocolates and visiting the outlet of the famous chocolate-maker, Lindt and Sprungli. Prices start at $145.11.
- Gruyeres and the Famous Golden Express - To experience another famous Swiss chocolate factory, ride the Golden Express train from Geneva to Gruyere, with a stop at the Nestle and Cailler Chocolate Factory in Broc to discover the secrets of chocolate manufacturing and taste the main products. Prices start at $254.28.
- New York City Chocolate and Dessert Tour - Tour Manhattan's Upper West Side on a visit to famous New York eateries to sample chocolate bonbons, truffles and fresh pastries and learn about the best wine and beer pairings. Prices start at $56.49.
- Boston Chocolate Walking Tour - Eat your way through the best chocolates in Boston while learning about the tasty sweet's history and roots at the city's finest chocolatiers. Prices start at $39.99.
- Chocolate Indulgence Walking Tour of Seattle - Give in to Seattle's sweet side with a visit to some of the city's top confectioners and chocolate makers, where you?ll sample hand-made chocolates and indulgent cakes. Prices start at $53.66.
- Cadbury Chocolate Factory and Derwent River Cruise - A chocoholic's fantasy, visit the Cadbury Schweppes Chocolate Factory in Hobart, the capital of the Australian island state Tasmania, where travelers can sample chocolates before relaxing on a 70-minute cruise along the Derwent River. Prices start at $82.81.
Viator's chocolate-themed tours and activities can be accessed through Viator.com, the Viator Tours and Activities App for iPhone and Viator's mobile site. Visit the Viator Travel Blog for more inspiration or follow the company on Facebook and Twitter for the latest deals, promotions, contests and Viator news.
Viator® is the world's leading online resource for travel experiences, providing access to nearly 9,000 tours, attractions and activities in 750-plus destinations in more than 150 countries. Viator - the Latin word for traveler - offers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities via its Web and mobile platforms with resources such as 260,000 traveler reviews, ratings and photos, suggested itineraries and the Viator Travel Blog. Viator's in-house travel experts hand pick trusted local operators to ensure quality, value and service, all backed by a low price guarantee. Viator sells its products through Viator.com, the Viator Tours and Activities App for iPhone, the Viator Ultimate Experience Guide for iPad, eight local language sites for the European and Japanese markets and more than 2,000 affiliated sites that include major hotel chains and airlines, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Viator is a privately held company, with lead investment from The Carlyle Group, one of the world's largest private equity firms. Founded in 1995, Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Visit the Viator Travel Blog for more inspiration or follow the company on Facebook and Twitter for the latest deals, promotions, contests and Viator news.