Enter by April 25 for a Chance to Claim the Final Spot!
San Francisco, Calif.
- April 20, 2012 - Aspiring filmmakers and passionate travelers have less than a week left for a chance to win the globetrotting adventure of a lifetime. The final spot in the "Win Your Dream Travel Job
" Contest from Viator.com
- the leading resource for more than 9,000 tours and activities in over 150 countries - will be revealed on Monday, April 30. In order to be considered in the final judging period, entries must be received by Wednesday, April 25.
The "Win Your Dream Travel Job" Contest will give four finalists, paired in teams of two, the chance to travel and shoot video for Viator as part of the company's ongoing effort to create a vast video library of tours and things to do in popular destinations worldwide. One team will film destinations in North America, the other in Europe, with both visiting approximately 20 cities in 60 days to document top local attractions, tours and things to do. Viator is providing equipment, training and transportation, as well as up to $15,000 per person to cover additional in-destination expenses including accommodations, local transportation and meals. Upon completion of their journeys, both teams will submit "Wrap-up" videos to Viator's Facebook page. The video receiving the most votes from Facebook users will earn the winning team a grand prize of $10,000.
Since the launch of the contest, Viator has received hundreds of amazing video submissions from around the world. The team has watched, judged and rated each entry, and to date has selected three of four finalists:
- Round 1 finalist Ryan Van Duzer has never owned a car, but he's ridden his bike across America twice, and down the East and West coasts and from Honduras to Colorado. He's comfortable in front of the camera: he survived in the jungles of Venezuela as a participant on Discovery's "Out of the Wild Venezuela" and appeared on a Honduran TV game show. But he also has a serious side: he served as a Peace Corps volunteer in Honduras working in youth development.
- Round 2 finalist Asha Mevlana's travels have often included her other passion - music. She toured Europe, Latin America and Australia with various bands (including Australian rock band Porcelain), and accompanied soul duo Gnarls Barkley on a U.S. tour. She's also appeared on several pilots for the Travel Channel and the Food Network, and has experience behind the camera as well, having filmed and edited a short documentary featured in several film festivals.
- Round 3 finalist Juliana Broste is a "fun expert" who drove cross country last summer with her mom exploring small towns in America. As a snowboard instructor, the mountains are her "office" but she's just as comfortable sleeping with lions while on safari in the Serengeti, learning how to belly dance after a trip to Turkey, and taking photos with her camera - which she carries with her everywhere she goes (including the supermarket).
To enter to win the final spot in the "Win Your Dream Travel Job" Contest, contestants must create a unique one-to-three minute video that demonstrates their filmmaking talents and love for travel, and cover specific topics such as top travel tips or a memorable travel experience. No experience is required, other than insatiable wanderlust. And, friends can help: the 10 contestants whose video entry receives the most Facebook votes will be guaranteed an opportunity to interview with the Viator judging panel. Videos must be submitted to Facebook.com/ViatorTours
no later than April 25, 2012. Anyone planning to submit should refer to the full details of the contest and the official contest rules
Contest updates and chronicles of the winners' journeys will be posted regularly to the Viator Travel Blog
as well as Viator's Facebook
pages, and www.winyourdreamtraveljob.com
Viator® is the world's leading online resource for travel experiences, providing access to more than 9,000 tours, attractions and activities in 800-plus destinations in more than 150 countries. Viator- the Latin word for traveler - offers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities via its Web and mobile platforms with resources such as more than 300,000 traveler reviews, ratings and photos, suggested itineraries and the Viator Travel Blog. Viator's in-house travel experts hand-pick trusted local operators to ensure quality, value and service, all backed by a low-price guarantee. Viator sells its products through Viator.com, the Viator Tours and Activities App for iPhone, the Viator Ultimate Experience Guide for iPad, the Viator Shore Excursions website, local language sites for European, Latin American and Asian markets and more than 2,000 affiliated sites that include major hotel chains and airlines, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Viator is a privately held company, with lead investment from The Carlyle Group, one of the world's largest private equity firms. Founded in 1995, Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas.