San Francisco, Calif. (Feb. 8, 2013)—When it comes to popping the question, the “where,” “when” and “how” are almost as important as the ring. To help find inspiration for an amazing proposal, the team at Viator.com—the leading resource for researching and booking tours and activities worldwide—pulled from its curated collection of activities to create a selection of sure-fire romantic settings, some already used by Viator customers as the backdrop to the big question.
- While watching the sun rise: Few things are more romantic than watching the sun rise, even more special when done from a hot air balloon, onboard a luxury cruising yacht, during a wilderness hike and more. Tours to try: Sunrise Sailing on Sydney Harbour; Hot Air Balloon Flight over Catalonia (Spain); Uluru Camel Express Sunrise Tour (Australia), Haleakala Maui Sunrise Tour.
- While watching the sun set: Watching the sun slip below the horizon is another of nature’s romantic settings. Sand, surf and a frosty cocktail easily up the romance ante. Tours to try: Moorea Sunset Cocktail Cruise (French Polynesia); Sunset Sleigh Ride and Dinner (Lake Tahoe); Florence Sunset Bike Tour; Sunset on the Beach Segway Tour (Oahu).
- Over a glass of wine (or beer): Tongue-tied romantics in need of liquid courage have numerous options with Viator’s wine and beer tastings and tours, including the Napa and Sonoma Wine Country Tour, the French Wine Tasting in Paris, the Craft-Beer Crawl of Manhattan or Brooklyn and the Private Guided Brewery and Beer Tasting Tour in Salzburg, Austria.
- From the air: Both romantic and unforgettable, hot air balloon rides and helicopter tours put love in the air on Valentine’s Day. Tours to try: Phoenix Hot Air Balloon Ride; Hot Air Ballooning including Champagne Breakfast from the Gold Coast or Brisbane (Australia); Grand Canyon West Rim Deluxe Sunset Helicopter Tour; Canadian Rockies Romance Helicopter Private Tour from Banff.
- From the ground: Drive a vintage Fiat 500 to a luxury Tuscan villa for a private candlelit dinner. Escape Spain for the romance of Morocco on a 5-Day Morocco Tour. Take a private tour of the world’s greatest monument to love, the Taj Mahal and Agra Fort, while discovering the magical history and romance of royal India. The options are endless to indulge in romance on and around Valentine’s Day during an overnight stay, a long weekend, or more.
- While under the spell of an aphrodisiac lunch or dinner: Exceptional food, brilliant views and music will fill any night—or day—with romance. Check out: Oahu Valentine’s Day Dinner Cruise; Fiji Mamanuca Islands Sailing Cruise including Lunch; Perfect Picnic Delivery to New York City Parks; Cozumel Lobster Dinner Cruise; Moulin Rouge Show with Exclusive VIP Seating and 3-Course Dinner (Paris).
- During an exhilarating adventure: Literally sweep your valentine off his or her feet and add some edge to a romantic getaway. Tours to try: River Thames High-Speed Cruise (London); Lake Tahoe Weekend Ski Trip; Shark Diving Xtreme in Sydney; Capilano Syspension Bridge Including the Treetops Adventure and Cliffwalk (Vancouver); Small Group Mt. Rainier Experience Including Hiking or Snowshoeing and Lunch or Dinner
- From the top of an iconic monument: In addition to perennial favorites like the Empire State Building and the Eiffel Tower, intrepid travelers not afraid of heights can head to the top of the tallest building in Western Europe, The Shard London (recently opened Feb. 1, 2013), to take in 360-degree breathtaking views of England’s capital or sip champagne while floating over city rooftops in a private capsule on the London Eye. Lovers can gaze upon the city sights of Chicago from the Skydeck, located on the 103rd floor of Willis Tower—the third-tallest building in the world.
For more inspiration on romantic tours and activities, as well as the latest deals, promotions, contests and Viator news, check out the Viator Travel Blog and follow the company on Facebook and Twitter.
Viator® is the world’s leading resource to discover and book travel activities, providing online and mobile access to more than 15,000 curated trip activities including tours, attractions, shore excursions and private guides, in more than 1,000 destinations worldwide. In-house travel experts work with trusted local operators to ensure the quality and value of every experience, all backed by Viator’s 24/7 customer service and global low-price guarantee. With more than 350,000 verified reviews plus exclusive videos and insider travel tips, Viator has everything a traveler needs to find and book the best things to do worldwide. In addition to the flagship site—Viator.com—travelers can book in advance or in-destination via the Viator Tours and Activities App for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android, the Viator Shore Excursions website as well as local-language sites for European, Latin American and Asian travelers. Viator also provides tours and activities to more than 2,500 affiliate partners including some of the world’s top airlines, hotels and online travel agencies. Founded in 1995, Viator is a privately held company headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Viator—travel with an insider.