2007 Press Releases
Viator.com Destination Deals - Spotlight on Halloween and NYC
Monday, October 22, 2007
October marks the season of ghost stories and reported hauntings. Viator.com has created a search category devoted to the macabre. "Halloween Tours and Treats" with terror-inspired activities around the world - some with 'slashed' prices and 'eye-witness' accounts as well as the Top 3 spookiest traveler picks:
Haunt #1 - The Boston Ghosts and Gravestones Tour transports travelers on the 'trolley of the doomed' through the dark side of Boston for $28.80*, 10% off the regular price. (Get out the broomstick and check out Salem, the Witch City tour, for $35.)
Haunt #2 - Hollywood's Dearly Departed Tour, operated by the 'Director of Undertakings' in the Dearly Departed Tomb Buggy explores the scenes of many tinsel town tragedies and infamous events for just $35.
Haunt #3 - The Late Night Walking Tour of Edinburgh, Ghost Hunter Trail is led by a dark-cloaked guide, and features a stop at the Mercat Cross, the scene of punishment and public executions and if you dare, Scotland's haunted underground vaults ($17).
New Orleans is a hot-bed of haunted activity. Travelers experience the voodoo vibe with The New Orleans Ghost Tour ($17), the Garden District Ghost Tour ($17), the New Orleans Ghosts and Spirits Walking Tour ($21), and the Cemetery and Gris-Gris Walking Tour ($19).
Watch your neck while exploring the City by the Bay through the eyes of a vampire. The Vampire Tour of San Francisco for $16.00 features a 20% nip out of the original price (valid through Dec. 31). For a mystical perspective, the Chinatown Ghost Walking Tour is led by lamplight down historic and mysterious streets and alleyways ($24).
The Original Venice Ghost Walking tour ($28) uncovers Italy's dark side including tales of local ghosts and sea monsters. The Black and White Magic Evening Tour of Turin ($28) explores the city that occultist gurus consider a capital of both good and malevolent magical practices.
***Deals Spotlight - New York City***
There is no better time of year to explore the Big Apple as the crowds have thinned out a bit before the holiday rush. Here are some great deals on a variety of ways to see New York:
- Private 2-hour New York City Tour with Professional Photographer - 20% off - starting at $107 - valid through Oct. 30, 2007. (Min. 2 people)
- New York Nights and City Tour, featuring Brooklyn, Manhattan's Lower East Side, and dinner at famous Katz Deli - 15% off - $67.50 - valid through Oct. 30, 2007
- Private Central Park Soiree, featuring transport via stretch limo, dinner at Tavern on the Green or the Central Park Boathouse, and a Central Park horse-drawn Carriage Ride - 20% off - $271 (valid through Dec. 31, 2007)
- A different perspective for 10% off - Full Manhattan Island Cruise, $29.50; NYC Harbor Lights Cruise, $24; New York Sunday Brunch Cruise, $67 (valid through Oct. 31, 2007)
SNAPSHOT: Top New York Search Terms
- Statue of Liberty
- Empire State Building
- New York City Broadway show
- New York City Niagara Falls
- NYC tour
- New York City tours
- New York City helicopter tour
Source: Viator.com and its network of affiliates
*Note: All prices listed are per person, reflect discount and valid at press time.