2007 Press Releases
Viator.com Unveils Seasonal "Give and Take" Activities to Create Holiday-Spirited Experiences
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (November 14, 2007) - Whether headed off for a getaway or looking for a memorable gift for loved ones or guests, Viator.com, the leading online resource for more than 5,500 destination activities in 75 countries, has a number of options to make the season bright.
Viator.com's team of in-house travel experts has assembled their picks for seasonal and holiday-themed activities, guaranteed to make memories, never to be exchanged or returned. For the millions hosting out-of-town family over the holidays, treat guests to inclusive city passes sure to be appreciated and keep them entertained. And, remember, the Viator Experience Gift Certificate is a winner for any occasion, available in multiple denominations and four currencies.
Travelers can take a sleigh ride off the beaten path and really get into the holiday spirit with hot holiday picks in chilly destinations from Viator.com's selection of seasonal experiences:
- The Lake Tahoe Sleigh Ride takes travelers over the meadow and through the woods to a peaceful overlook of Lake Tahoe (from $20).
- The Sunset Sleigh Ride and Dinner adds a stop at Tahoe's LewMarNels restaurant before cozying up under blankets for the ride home to the sound of jingle bells (from $85).
- Take the Ride of Your Life - Reindeer Sleigh Ride in Levi, Finland (from $162).
- With Santa Claus and the Arctic Journey, travel along Finland's frozen Ounasjoki River to a reindeer farm, learn to "drive" a reindeer, and visit Santa in his office (from $222).
- Christmas at Montreux and Chillon from Geneva, Switzerland includes a drive across Lausanne with stops for serious shopping and a tour of the Castle of Chillon (from $93).
- The Christmas Time Horse Drawn Sleigh Ride from Salzburg, Austria is a full day magical excursion that explores this winter wonderland (from $69).
- Four-day Christmas Delight - Leipzig, Dresden and Plauen includes the Christmas Market in Leipzig, the ancient miner village in Annaberg and traditional Bamberg's handcrafted Christmas pyramids (from $627).
- Silent Night, Holy Night - Christmas Eve Tour in Obendorf, Austria explores the Alps before attending Christmas mass in the Silent Night Chapel (from $50).
It isn't the Arctic, but New York City is a special holiday destination when the streets and storefronts sparkle with holiday glamour.
- The New York City Holiday Lights Tour takes travelers to the brightest spots in the city including Rockefeller Center to see the famous Christmas tree (from $39).
- The New Year's Eve Cruise takes revelers to the waterways for drinks, light hors d'oeuvres and dancing (from $120).
- The New Year's Eve Dinner Cruise includes all of the fun as well as a full buffet dinner with the World Famous GRUCCI Fireworks (from $325).
- Avoid Sell-outs: book these and other popular Christmas and New Year's lunch and dinner cruises in London, Melbourne and Sydney early.
Entertaining holiday guests has never been easier with a broad selection of inclusive city passes in destinations around the world from Viator.com. One low price paid in advance saves valuable time and money, and includes free entry to the city's most popular attractions. Holiday visitors and locals alike will have the city in their pocket, literally.
Viator is the world's leading online resource for travel experiences, providing access to more than 5,500 tours, attractions and activities in 400-plus destinations in 75 countries. Viator - the Latin word for traveller - offers travelers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities with helpful resources like customer reviews, star ratings, suggested itineraries and the Viator Travel Blog. Viator's in-house travel experts have picked respected and trusted local operators to ensure a quality experience, value and service, all backed by Viator's low-price guarantee. Founded in 1995, Viator sells its products directly to consumers at www.viator.com and through its global network of more than 1,000 affiliates that include major hotel and airline companies, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Through its collection of company operated and affiliated sites, Viator welcomes nearly 2 million visitors per month. Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas.