Thursday, January 31, 2008
Ten Romantic Ways to Infuse Your Next Trip with St. Valentine's Vibe
San Francisco, CA (January 31, 2008) - The right time for romance can be every time you travel with a little guidance from Viator.com, the leading online resource for more than 5,500 experiences and activities in more than 450 destinations around the world. Viator's team of travel experts (and romantics) has made some sweet selections for travelers, including the most romantic city as well as 10 equally dreamy flights, nights out and other hot activities to warm the hearts of a loved one whether on vacation or close to home, for Valentine's Day or any day.
The Most Romantic City in the World - Paris
Viator.com has more than 150 Parisian experiences to choose from in this capital city known for beauty, sophistication and most importantly (in this case) romance including food and wine tours, cultural activities, outdoor adventures (# 6) and evenings at the cabaret. Lovers who book now until March 31 receive 10 percent off The Paris Illuminations Tour and Lido Show (saving $14.26) as well as the Castles of the Loire Valley Tour (saving $19.73). Those who book the French Wine Tasting in Paris will receive a complimentary bottle of wine to extend their tasting experience beyond the cellar.
1. Fall for the Falls - The Private Niagara Falls Honeymoon Helicopter Flight from $338 per couple takes in the breathtaking Majestic Falls of Niagara, historical landmarks and Niagara's renowned wine country in a way unimaginable from the ground!
2. Cruise into Love - Aruba's Palm Pleasure Sunset Sail from $46* sails lovers along the Caribbean coastline on board a luxury catamaran with island tunes, warm sea breezes and tropical drinks to set the mood.
3. The Millennium's Ferris Wheel Smooch - Relive the passion of youth during The Champagne Flight on the London Eye from $60, featuring stunning views of the Thames and historic London, priority boarding, and a glass of champagne (or alternative) to put some extra lift into the flight.
4. With love, Puccini - Opera Australia's finest young artists breathe new life into the century-old tale of two bohemian lovers during the Opera Australia presentation of La bohème at the Sydney Opera House from $85.
5. Different Tune, Same Emotion - Romance and elegance abound during the Gondola Serenade on the Canals of Venice with Dinner at Hostaria Ai Coristi Restaurant from $122 (April-Oct). When the ride is over, disembark for a dinner of traditional Venetian cuisine.
6. Oh l'amour - At the foot of the Eiffel Tower, join the Romantic Horse and Carriage Ride through Paris from $216 per couple, and snuggle under the blanket to begin a unique tour through the city. Traverse in style by the Arc de Triomphe, Champs Elysses, Trocadero and much more.
7. Bay City Sunset - The San Francisco Night Tour with Dinner - Private Tour starts out as your personal guide fetches you at your hotel, then takes you over the Bay Bridge to view sunset over the city before heading to North Beach for dinner at Francis Ford Coppola's Zoetrope Café, from $134.
8. Flight of Fancy - It's the perfect intimate setting for an anniversary, wedding, engagement or other romantic celebration, nestled together in the cockpit with (love) birds-eye views of the City that never sleeps, during the Romance Over Manhattan Private Helicopter Flight from $424.
9. In Love with Cary Grant - Called 'the nearest thing to Heaven we have in New York' during the film "An Affair to Remember," the Empire State Building Observatory from $19, is a romantic perch high in the sky for a memorable Valentine's rendezvous any time of year.
10. Burning Love - Take love to the limit with the Las Vegas Elvis Wedding: Loving You from $355 per happy couple. Limo transportation from nearby Las Vegas hotels, rose nosegay and boutonniere, photographer and a serenade by Elvis himself cap off this once-in-a lifetime experience.
Travelers can create unforgettable experiences with Viator.com at any number of quintessentially romantic destinations like the islands of Hawaii including Maui, Oahu and Kauai, Italy's Rome and Florence, and the Caribbean's St. Kitts - Nevis, St. Maarten and St. Lucia to name just a few. Visit Viator.com and the Viator Travel Blog for more ways to spice up any trip.
*All prices are per person unless otherwise noted, and are correct at press time.
Viator is the world's leading online resource for travel experiences, providing access to more than 5,500 tours, attractions and activities in 450-plus destinations in 75 countries. Viator - the Latin word for traveller - offers travelers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities with helpful resources like customer reviews, star ratings, suggested itineraries and the Viator Travel Blog. Viator's in-house travel experts have picked respected and trusted local operators to ensure a quality experience, value and service, all backed by Viator's low-price guarantee. Founded in 1995, Viator sells its products directly to consumers at www.viator.com and through its global network of more than 1,000 affiliates that include major hotel and airline companies, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Through its collection of company operated and affiliated sites, Viator welcomes nearly 2 million visitors per month. Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas.
1 (973) 568-7589
Some content licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
© 1997–2015 Viator, Inc. 330202 All rights reserved. Viator is a registered trademark of Viator, Inc.
is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc. Travel with an Insider is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Viator's Terms & Conditions.