2008 Press Releases
From the Sistine Chapel to the Lochs of Scotland - Experience More of Europe with Viator.com
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Exclusive Activities, Extended Tours and Special Values Help Travelers Make the Most of Every Moment, and Dollar
San Francisco, CA (April 1, 2008) - Travelers are defying the sinking dollar and pursuing their passion with travel to Europe as hot as ever, according to Viator.com, the leading online resource for booking more than 5,500 trip activities and experiences at the best prices. As the high-season for travel to Europe approaches, Viator customers are booking destination tours and activities before they depart, helping them secure availability, lock-in pricing, bypass long lines and save vacation time for the experience, not for planning.
"In the first quarter, more than half of our customers in the U.S. booked activities in Europe, an increase of more than 10 percent over the same time last year," said Rod Cuthbert, founder and chairman of Viator.com. "Whatever the headlines may be saying about bookings, the economy, and dwindling dollar, our customers are still traveling to Europe, and taking advantage of booking their activities before they go. By doing so, they lock in U.S. prices and avoid worries about exchange rates."
Below are some of the Top Picks from Viator's team of travel experts:
After-hours at the Vatican - Viator Exclusive
Ever wish you could make the crowds disappear? Viator makes that wish come true during the Private Viewing of the Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museums, a Viator Exclusive at $378.15 per person. After the museum is closed to the public, three groups of 20 people are each escorted by their own English-speaking guide and art historian through the Museo Pio Clementino, the Papal Apartments and the Sistine Chapel. The tour is available through Viator.com on April 7, May 9, June 7 and 20, July 4 and 21, August 2 and 23, September 5 and 22. Additional exclusive dates will be added so travelers should check back often.Rome is currently Viator's most popular European destination, and with so many wonderful activities, it's really no surprise:
- Skip the Line: Vatican Museums Walking Tour including Sistine Chapel, Raphael's Rooms and St Peter's , from $79 per person (featuring 215 first-hand customer reviews)
- Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and Colosseum Walking Tour, from $74 per person
- Taste of Italy Day Tour from Rome including Chianti and Umbria, from $174 per person
- Roman Gladiator in a Day (2 hour private lesson), from $76 per person (with traveler photos)
A Trip within a Trip
One way to be sure that no journey's stone is left unturned is to book a multi-day excursion embarking from your destination abroad. For travelers who have a limited time in their destination and need to cover a lot of ground every day or for those who just want to leave most of the planning to someone else, these inclusive tours typically include accommodations, ground transportation and meals.
- France - Two Day Small Group Tour of the French and Belgian Battlefields commencing in Lille, France, from $375 per person
- Scotland - Three Day Minivan Tour to Isle of Skye from Edinburgh from $395 per person
- Germany - Four Day Munich to Frankfurt - Romantic Road, Linderhof, Hohenschwangau, Neuschwanstein commencing from Munich and concluding in Frankfurt, from $861 per person
- Spain - Four Day Tour to Cordoba, Seville and Granada commencing in Madrid, from $569 per person
- Ireland - Five Day South West of Ireland Small Group Jeep Tour, from $900 per person
Hop the Pond for Value
Ireland's capital of Dublin is a rare find, boasting the perfect combination of history and humor, and Viator's great values on the city's walking tours are priced at $9.08 per person, a savings of 50 percent.
- Georgian and Victorian Splendors Dublin Walking Tour including Trinity College
- The Dublin City Walking Tour
- Dublin Castle and St Patrick's Cathedral Walking Tour
- Viking and Medieval Dublin Walking Tour
- The Historic Northside of Dublin Walking Tour
A perennial favorite among Viator travelers, London offers such varied experiences that one trip is never enough. Well worth a few hours on any traveler's itinerary are the musicals currently gracing the London stage, and Viator's deals help them fit the budget nicely too.
- Billy Elliot - 25 percent off
- Chicago - nearly 50 percent off midweek performances
- Footloose - 30 percent off
- Hairspray - more than 35 percent off midweek performances
- We Will Rock You - nearly 30 percent off midweek performances
Check out Viator.com for full tour, activity and discount details, as well as the Viator Travel Blog featuring travel inspiration, advice and recommendations.
Viator is the world's leading online resource for travel experiences, providing access to more than 5,500 tours, attractions and activities in 450-plus destinations in 75 countries. Viator - the Latin word for traveller - offers travelers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities with helpful resources like customer reviews, star ratings, suggested itineraries and the Viator Travel Blog. Viator's in-house travel experts have picked respected and trusted local operators to ensure a quality experience, value and service, all backed by Viator's low-price guarantee. Founded in 1995, Viator sells its products directly to consumers at www.viator.com and through its global network of more than 1,000 affiliates that include major hotel and airline companies, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Through its collection of company operated and affiliated sites, Viator welcomes nearly 2 million visitors per month. Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas.
1 (973) 568-7589