2008 Press Releases
Plan a Fabulous Summer Trip with Tips from Viator.com
Monday, June 9, 2008
Viator Offers Ideas to Help Travelers Save Money, Time and Sanity All While Enjoying Unforgettable Experiences
San Francisco, CA (June 9, 2008) - The team of travel experts at Viator.com, the leading online resource for booking more than 5,500 trip activities and experiences at the best prices, has complied a quick list of tips to help travelers capitalize on every moment of their 2008 summer vacation time and make the best use of their budget.
"Today's travelers are faced with many challenges, from extra fees for carry-on luggage to gas prices that average $4 a gallon. So whether they're flying, driving or taking a cruise, the dollars and the stress are adding up," said Rod Cuthbert, founder and chairman of Viator.com. "With the act of travel at a premium, we've compiled a list of tips to help them easily plan their get-away activities, whether for a local mini-break or a multi-day out-of-country adventure."KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GETTING BEFORE YOU GO
- The majority of travelers (72%) who book tours and activities through Viator.com are headed to a destination they've never been to before, making it difficult to know who the reputable local tour operators are. Viator has spent more than 10 years researching this information, resulting in a global network of local tour guides and activities that have been pre-screened for quality and service. 50,000 first-hand customer reviews and photos also give travelers an independent perspective that instills confidence in booking ahead.
- Every traveler knows they can gamble in Las Vegas, visit the Empire State Building in New York and see the Sistine Chapel in Rome. But with just a few minutes spent researching their destination online before they depart, travelers leaving for Las Vegas can plan their descent by helicopter 3,200 feet below the rim of the Grand Canyon for a picnic, go from big buildings to "Mr. Big" with a behind the scenes "Sex and the City" tour in the Big Apple; or leave the massive crowds behind and enter the Sistine Chapel and Vatican after it has closed during an exclusive after-hours small group tour in Rome.
- Whether the economy is booming or in a state of flux, price is always important. Shopping for travel online gives consumers the unique opportunity to price compare, "from store to store," in seconds. Viator.com's low price guarantee further removes the risk of finding a lower price elsewhere or in-destination. However, Viator will refund the difference if you do*. Booking in advance will further enable travelers to avoid "sold-out" activities and lock in current exchange rates.
- As the summer travel season heats up, the lines for the hottest attractions around the world grow. With only so many hours in a day and perhaps some anxious children or less-mobile loved-ones, why wait when there are special opportunities for certain attractions that bypass the line altogether. Viator can help travelers keep everyone happy, avoid stress and save precious time at places like the Louvre in Paris, the Vatican in Rome, the Uffizi and Accademia Galleries in Florence, Universal Studios in Los Angeles, and even at the hottest nightclubs in Las Vegas.
"Time is valuable, particularly when you think about what we spend to get to our destination these days," noted Cuthbert. "A few extra dollars to bypass what could be hours spent waiting is money well-spent, as evidenced by the increasing popularity of our Skip the Line activities."MAXIMIZE YOUR TIME
- Time has been taken off from work, schedules have been coordinated and money has been spent on gas, car rentals, hotel rooms, flights and cruises. Travelers should take care to have the experiences that result in life-long memories. The team at Viator suggests taking a hop-on/hop-off tour on the day of arrival in a new destination to acclimate and inspire. Many activities operate daily, and some have multiple daily departures, enabling travelers to create customized itineraries from iconic and historical to off-the-beatenvpath and little-known, or anything in between.
The Viator Travel Blog features more travel tips, inspiration and insider information, and is updated on a regular basis, with commentary from travel experts and travelers alike.*See Viator.com for full details on the low price guarantee.
Viator is the world's leading online resource for travel experiences, providing access to more than 5,500 tours, attractions and activities in 450-plus destinations in 75 countries. Viator - the Latin word for traveller - offers travelers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities with helpful resources like customer reviews, star ratings, suggested itineraries and the Viator Travel Blog. Viator's in-house travel experts have picked respected and trusted local operators to ensure a quality experience, value and service, all backed by Viator's low-price guarantee. Founded in 1995, Viator sells its products directly to consumers at www.viator.com and through its global network of more than 1,000 affiliates that include major hotel and airline companies, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Through its collection of company operated and affiliated sites, Viator welcomes nearly 2 million visitors per month. Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas.
1 (973) 568-7589