Great Summer Deals on Tours and Experiences in Europe's Most Popular Cities
San Francisco, CA (June 24, 2008) - Travelers heading to Europe this summer may be calculating exchange rates and wondering how their souvenirs will effect their budget. When it comes to planning destination activities, Viator.com, the leading online resource for booking more than 5,500 trip activities and experiences at the best prices, has discounted a selection of popular tours and activities in some of Europe's hottest cities.
"There's a reason why everyone visits Europe in the summer - there's nothing like it," said Rod Cuthbert, founder and chairman of Viator.com. "From Rome to Paris, even London, there are ways to save money while enhancing your experience; it just takes some traveler savvy and a little help from Viator."
ITALY - SAVE 10% AND MORE
FRANCE - SAVE 15%
- Rome - As if exclusive, after-hours access to the Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museums wasn't enough, Viator is discounting this unforgettable experience. For $354.55 per person*, a 10-percent discount, a small group of travelers is escorted through iconic and awe-inspiring hallowed halls. The Skip the Line Vatican in One Day experience ($140.25) combines two tours in one and offers special access to the gardens of the Vatican estate with the Vatican Museums Walking Tour.
- Buy One, Get One Free - Travelers who book and experience the following tours from Viator.com before July 31 will bring a second adult along for FREE: The Wine Tasting Tour from Rome ($93), Caravaggio Rome Walking Tour ($77), Capitoline Museums and Origins of Rome Walking Tour ($61.50), Baroque Rome Walking Tour ($61.50).
- Venice - This romantic city built on water is perfectly explored during the Venice Grand Canal Boat Tour ($63). The Original Venice Walking Tour ($31.50) goes beyond St. Mark's into the labyrinth of narrow passageways that complement the city's canal. Do both during the Venice in One Day - The Original Venice Walk and Grand Canal Boat Tour for $82, a savings of 20-percent.
- Florence - Encounter the most famous residents of this historic Italian city - Michelangelo, da Vinci and Botticelli during the Skip the Line: Florence Accademia and Uffizi Gallery Tour, more than 10-percent off booking the two galleries separately, with the ability to skip the lines at both ($83.50)! Glide through the elegant streets of Florence on the coolest ride of the 21st century - a Segway personal transporter for $94.55, a savings of 20-percent (book and travel by July 31).
LONDON - SAVE 20% AND MORE
- Intimate, air-conditioned minivan tours are a special (and cool) way to explore the French countryside this summer (for travel through July 30). Experience the lives and work of Vincent van Gogh and Claude Monet during the Auvers sur Oise and Giverny by Minivan ($213). The Chartres, Chevreuse Valley and Versailles Apartments by Minivan tour includes an exploration of the Chartres cathedral, a UNESCO World Heritage site ($206). Hear tales of their glorious years during the Napoleon and Josephine at Malmaison by Minivan tour ($115). Visit France's celebrated artists' colony during Barbizon, Fontainebleau and Vaux Le Vicomte by Minivan ($206).
EXPAND THE VIEW IN MADRID
- From James Bond to Shakespeare, see it all during the Budget London Tour - Full Day London Experience by motor coach ($87). Go beyond the city and visit a 750-year old cathedral and an ancient and mysterious stone structure during the Budget London Tour - Salisbury, Stonehenge and Bath ($70). From castles to college, the Budget London Tour - Windsor, Stonehenge and Oxford brings in the royal touch ($70). Explore medieval towns and the birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill during the Budget London Tour - Blenheim Palace, The Cotswolds and Stratford-upon-Avon ($70).
- Escape the summer heat and enjoy the cool London theatre scene with discounts on select mid-week performances ranging from 15-to-50-percent off shows like Spamalot, Chicago and Wicked.
- Expand your horizons in Madrid, Spain. Couple the Madrid city sightseeing, the Royal Palace and Hapsburgs tour with the Panoramic Tour option for a savings of 10 percent ($71). Combine the morning departure of the Toledo - Medieval History and the Art of El Greco experience with the Panoramic Tour for a savings of 15 percent ($79).
Viator.com updates prices and adds new deals daily. The Viator Travel Blog features suggested itineraries, inspiration and insider information, and is also updated on a regular basis. For unforgettable tours and experiences and unbeatable deals, visit Viator.com.
*All prices listed are per person. Check www.viator.com for full discount details.
Viator is the world's leading online resource for travel experiences, providing access to more than 5,500 tours, attractions and activities in 450-plus destinations in 75 countries. Viator - the Latin word for traveller - offers travelers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities with helpful resources like customer reviews, star ratings, suggested itineraries and the Viator Travel Blog. Viator's in-house travel experts have picked respected and trusted local operators to ensure a quality experience, value and service, all backed by Viator's low-price guarantee. Founded in 1995, Viator sells its products directly to consumers at www.viator.com and through its global network of more than 1,000 affiliates that include major hotel and airline companies, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Through its collection of company operated and affiliated sites, Viator welcomes nearly 2 million visitors per month. Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas.
1 (973) 568-7589