We arrived at the boat harbour and getting onto the large Catamaran was easy and very quick. I had booked a private window table and was very happy with where we were seated. We had a good view of the harbour from where we were. We had both wanted a lobster dinner and we were very satisfied in the ones we got and very impressed in the way our Waiter very quickly dismantled them for us to eat. I found the price of the alcoholic drinks to be very reasonable and they had an adequate range of wines and spirits.There was a ‘show’ on a little stage up front, The cruise itself was very pleasant, unfortunately the sunset wasn’t the best as it was cloudy but the fireworks from one of the hotels were good to view from the sea.I am not a good sailor at any time but this catamaran is very stable and only rocked a bit when it was stationary for viewing the sunset and fireworks.
When we docked, the buses were waiting and the staff made it easy to find the one going to our Hotel. The trip back was interesting as we got to see other areas of the Island at night.
1. Pick up from Hotel was on time and comfortable in the mini bus.
2. Change over at the "Big Wheel" to the large coach was efficient - just a little hot even in the shade during the wait but that was because of the nice sunny day we had.HINT: On a hot day, ensure you take a hat or some type of sun protection and a bottle of water. Our Guide even suggested an umbrella and/or a fan.
3. Our Guide was very friendly, happy and looked after us very well. She had a good understanding of local history.
4. Our walk around the streets was very informative, as was our tour of the museum.
5. We had a good look around Raffles and she then ensured we were first in line for the 'High Tea'. High Tea was excellent, I had read some reviews where people weren't impressed, but my wife and the other 3 ladies in our group thought it was excellent. We had all the expected treats of a High Tea and it was all of high quality. My wife and I had a Singapore Sling which was a great improvement on the one we had in the Long Bar at this Hotel on our last trip a couple of years ago.
6.The ride in the boat along the river and into Marina Bay was interesting, good to see the buildings from another angle and we found a lot more restaurants on the banks of the river and Bay.
7. The Pewter Factory was also interesting, we saw how it was made but we were not in need of any pewter even though there were many beautiful pieces available.
8. Drop off back to our Hotel was easy.
All in all the Tour was worth the money we paid, we saw many things we would have missed if we hadn;t taken the time to take this tour. Our friendly and informative guide looked after us well and made the tour that much more enjoyable.
My wife and I used this service on our last trip to Singapore a couple of years ago and I had no hesitation in booking it again. The Transfer was efficient and without any problems. Our driver was waiting for us in the Arrivals Hall and took us to a waiting area whilst he went and got his vehicle. He loaded our luggageand off to the Hotel. He was interesting to talk to and gave us a lot of local information and some tips of where to go and what to do. At the hotel he unloaded our luggage and wished us a great holiday.
For many reasons we did not arrange a return by this service but took a local taxi to the Airport. I rate this personal service above that of taxi service and will always use it where I can for its 'NO FUSS, ON TIME and EFFICIENCY.'
© 1997–2014 Viator, Inc. 330203 All rights reserved. Viator is a registered trademark of Viator, Inc.
is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc. Travel with an Insider is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Viator's Terms & Conditions.