A great day out. It was a bit of a surprise when they told us that we'd have to fork out more cash to partake in the afternoon's activities, but we did and had a great time.
No shopping stops either, outstanding!
- professional, informative guide
- the warriors were incredible, and we had a few hours there to enjoy them
- two painful shopping stops in the morning, each lasting about thirty minutes
- we stopped at the car park outside Big Wild Goose Pagoda, had a quick look at it from outside the compound (5 minutes) and then continued on our way.
- the tea ceremony was, for all intents and purposes, another overpriced shopping stop.
- Banpo village was historically interesting (I suppose), but essentially just a big whole in the ground. Really didn't need to go there.
Our day started at 8am and we didn't arrive at the Warriors until after 2pm. This would have been fine if we'd have spent time at Big Wild Goose Pagoda (as advertised), but the majority of our morning was occupied with mind numbing shopping stops and an excursion to the bland Banpo Neolithic village.
When we finally arrived at the Warriors, our guide was very informative and we had a good opportunity to explore and take photos at our leisure.
Of course, the day didn't end when we departed the Warriors - it was time for "refreshments." (A vastly overpriced tea ceremony - I would have been happy to grab a bottle of water on the way out.)
Would have been much more enjoyable if we'd have spent just half a day touring and removed all of the horrifically irrelevant stops.
© 1997–2014 Viator, Inc. 330251a All rights reserved. Viator is a registered trademark of Viator, Inc.
is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc. Travel with an Insider is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Viator's Terms & Conditions.