Prague, Czech Republic
I went on this tour today and it was not what the tour was advertised to be. Let me elaborate:
1. We arrived at the meeting location 11:45 as stated for a 12 noon departure only to be told that the tour did not leave until 12:30 pm.
2. We were told the tour would still be 6 hours and return to Prague by 6:40 PM. Yet, we left at 4:30 pm and were back in Prague by 5:40 PM - so the tour was 5 hours, not 6.
3. Our first stop was the Ossuary, and the guide led us in and told us we had 30 minutes to visit, and she left. What, no commentary, why did we pay for a guide at one of the most interesting sights. Other groups had a guide who was telling them what they were seeing. When I asked the guide, why she did not guide us through, her response was I told you about it on the bus ride up. Really? She said 2-3 sentences, and that does not put into context what you are actually seeing, when you see it and there is no opportunity to ask questions.
4. Next stop, St Barbara's cathedral where the guide could not answer a question as to what the 4 Christian statues represented and digged in her purse for her notes. In the meantime, another attendee saw it written on a sign and told the rest of us. Her response, well I have been off for two months, so I forgot. Really?
Then, after one more commentary, she leaves us in there for 10 minutes on our own. In contrast, other tours were going to visit/discuss several other areas of the cathedral. In fact, we joined one of those tours to listen in to what we were not getting on our tour.
5. Finally, the guide showed us the bridge and the well and then told us to meet her at 4:30 to return to Prague.
6. This was the least informative and most disappointing tour I have been on a long time to a site worthy of time and discussion. It would be one thing if the tour was free, because you get what you pay for. In this case, the cost for two was almost 90 USD, and did not live up to what was advertised.
If you cannot get out there on your own, then I would suggest this tour. Transport was comfortable, pick-up point was convenient, and guide was laid back but knowledgeable. The lake is a beautiful site. I would also wish more time at the museum in the castle as that felt like a drive by.
Marko the guide was enthusiastic and informative. There was duplicate info/overlap between the two tours. Knowing that, I would just pick one or the other but not both.
Some content licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
© 1997–2015 Viator, Inc. 330203 All rights reserved. Viator is a registered trademark of Viator, Inc.
is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc. Travel with an Insider is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Viator's Terms & Conditions.