We booked this tour because we couldn't get last minute tickets to the Anne Frank house any other way. The Anne Frank house stands on its own as a 5 star attraction. The problem was the tour company. Here's how it went:
1. The bus was about an hour late leaving. We all had to sit in the bus with the air conditioning off. It was hot, stuffy, and uncomfortable.
2. The bus drove around Amsterdam for about and hour. The guide was informative and professional. But it was in three languages, so you get limited information.
3. You know its a slimy tour when they stop at a "Diamond Factory" to show you how they are made. Actually, they are just delivering captive suckers to an overpriced tourist store. We bailed on the "factory" and got a beer nearby instead.
4. The tour guide doesn't take you through the Anne Frank house. They just get you in, and say goodbye. There are no guides inside. Its a strictly walk through on your own place.
5. The bus didn't pick us up afterwards. We were left to our own devices to get back. This may have been due to the late start. They may have needed the bus for another tour.
The only value this tour provides is skipping the line and getting last minute tickets. If that's what you need, just skip the bus and get to the Anne Frank house on you own at the time the group goes in.
Good tour. Entertaining guide. Its the easiest way to get last minute tickets to the top of the tower.
Great two-part tour. Part one walks you around the main plaza and into St. Marks. Our guide was engaging and interesting. The line that we skipped wasn't that long, but that was April.
Part two was on a boat. This was the best. Venice is huge. Seeing it on a boat really helped show the scale and size of this mind blowing city. The quality of the guide can make or break the tourist experience. Ours was great.
© 1997–2014 Viator, Inc. 330250b All rights reserved. Viator is a registered trademark of Viator, Inc.
is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc. Travel with an Insider is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Viator's Terms & Conditions.