All in all, it felt a bit rushed at moments and slow at other times. The tour guide was very easy to understand in English.
- Tokyo Tower: First stop, very rushed. We get to the top observatory and after a brief tour, we got only a brief moment to shop and look around before we had to leave. Worse is that it's a bit confusing here to actually find your way down as you can't just take an elevator down to the bottom like how you got to the top. I ended up being a few minutes late with the whole bus waiting on me :(
- Tea Ceremony: The ceremony was interesting, but it was amazingly short. The room it's held in is very cramped and we had to split up into 2 smaller groups to fit. Still, nice to experience it tho albeit brief. You have a long time to walk around after looking at Koi fish or Bonsai trees. Wasn't really my thing and it felt very slow at that point as I began wandering around waiting for the bus to leave.
- Lunch: The hotel that this place is at is very interesting and has a lot to look at after lunch but again was another slow point where you're just wandering by yourself. It's got a pagoda, a temple and a waterfall/lake to look at but after lunch I just wanted to move on with the tour and again was waiting for the bus to leave and felt slow. The lunch itself was nice as it's BBQ'd for you at the table.
- Imperial Palace: They probably could have saved some time with this stop and driven past this stop. Supposedly the gates are only open 2 days a year, for the Emperor's birthday and New Years so unless you happen to be doing this during that time, you're just walking up to the gates, looking at a couple of guards. It's not a short walk either.
- Boat ride: Was interesting but very slow and I found myself falling asleep during this.
- Asakusa: This is probably the best part of the tour but again feels too rushed which is a shame because there is so much to see and do here. I ended up staying here myself since this was the last stop anyways
Some content licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
© 1997–2015 Viator, Inc. 330207 All rights reserved. Viator is a registered trademark of Viator, Inc.
is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc. Travel with an Insider is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Viator's Terms & Conditions.