The itinerary is well designed. Every place is worth visiting. All the drivers and guilds always showed up on time. We didn't feel unsafe at all throughout the trip. Camino Real Antigua and Hotel Atitlan are very good accommodation choices. But there are some problems with their trip quality assurance:
1) Our guide didn't take us to Santo Domingo Monastery in Antigua. We spent more time in Azotea Coffee Farm watching video.
2) Our guide didn't take us to Santiago de Atitlan. He took us to Santa Catarina and Santa Antonio.
3) Our guide didn't take to Iximché.
4) Our local guide at Tikal explained a lot about other acropolis, temples...but didn't explain anything at the most seen Grand Plaza.
5) Hotel Peten Esplendido was not as nice as other accommodations.
6) Not agency's issue...it's a nice hike onto the top of Pacaya Volcano, but we didn't get to see any lava flowing.
And I want to say our local guide at Yaxha did a great job. Too bad I forgot his name.
© 1997–2014 Viator, Inc. 330201 All rights reserved. Viator is a registered trademark of Viator, Inc.
is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc. Travel with an Insider is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Viator's Terms & Conditions.