Montego Bay, Ocho Rios and Negril, Jamaica
Oy! Well, the short version of this story is that the guide you get means a lot. Having said that, we had a rough day, but I am sure this tour would be better had we had a better guide.
First off, we got picked up in Negril. We were the first on the bus at 8am. Our driver arrived 20 mins early which we were happy about, but this made for a long day. By time we picked other passengers at their hotels, the guide (in Mo Bay), and finally made it to Dunn's River Falls it was noon.
Second, the guide. English was her second language. She was filling in last minute for the English tour guide that apparently called out. She gave us zero info (minus the situation she was in) on the tour. No heads up on where we were, what we were seeing, what's coming up next. She rushed us off the bus at Dunn's River and kept complaining that we were not "on time". Not to mention her fighting with the driver. She was not pleasant.
Finally, our driver ran out of gas before getting us back to our hotel. We had to take a $20.00 US cab ride home from another Negril hotel to get back. This was the nail in the coffin after a 15 hr day that consisted mostly of driving and staring out the window at we were not sure what since our guide was silent.
Tips for this trip
- If you are getting picked up from Negril, prepare for a LONG day
- Bring food. You get fed once so snacks to have on the bus are paramount. We got lunch at 2:30pm and did not get back to the hotel in Negril until 10:00pm
- The ride to 9 Mile is treacherous with windy crap roads with one lane off the face of a cliff. Would have been nice to get a heads up on that. The ride from Dunn's River to 9 Mile and back to the hotel is the majority of the trip. Prepare to spend hours and hours on the bus
- Bring change to tip, as you would on any tour
- Luminous Lagoon option? This was not mentioned once by our driver or the tour guide. Rule it out if you have to make it back to Negril
Montego Bay or Negril, Jamaica
Awesome! We had a great time. It had just rained before our tour so we got to ride through puddles and really test the ATV in all terrains.
Tips for this trip:
- Wear water shoes so your shoes don't get ruined
- If you are traveling with stuff make sure it can fit into a small locker you can rent at the site. The trail is dirty, dirty, dirty and fun
- Don't grip the life out of the handle bars. Hold both to keep you steady, but relax your arms. You'll thank me later
© 1997–2014 Viator, Inc. 330251a All rights reserved. Viator is a registered trademark of Viator, Inc.
is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc. Travel with an Insider is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Viator's Terms & Conditions.