Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Awesome value for money, and a great way to see the most part of Hong Kong if you are running on a tight schedule. We booked the 48hr ticket and managed to do all 3 loops, including the return Star Ferry, The Peak Tram, Times Square/SOGO Shopping, Man Mo Temple, Avenue of Stars, the Mid-Level Escalators, the Sampan ride at Aberdeen and the Stanley Markets. We also used the Big Buses as transport to get from one location to another when we had finished for the day. One of the best timed hop on hop off commentaries! It all matches up perfectly with what you are looking at :) Do HK justice - book the HOHO Big Bus through Viator!!
* To validate your ticket take your voucher to the Big Bus office at Central Pier (down past Subway and a Bakery) or Tsim Sha Tsui, and they give you all of your tickets etc and an AWESOME map.
* Staff are located all over Hong Kong streets in big red jackets if you need assistance - so great!
* Sit upstairs, at the front for the best photos...and a bit of a wind break ;)
I would recommend this tour to those who wish to see the Li River landscape between Guilin and Yangshuo, and who want to see Yangshuo in a day.
* Hotel pick up/drop off service was fab
* Li River landscape is unique and picturesque
* Yangshuo was nice to see (markets and laneway bars/cafes a-plenty)
* Extra 2hr tour of Yaoshan Village was worth the 150¥ each (decide and pay cash during cruise) and also gave us extra time to look around Yangshuo markets.
* Fed and sat on a Water Buffalo, watched a Cormorant Fishing display, bamboo raft trip down the river - all great photo ops!
* Facilities and lunch were basic - boat was old and a bit grubby, nowhere to sit whist up on deck, and toilets were a mess within 30mins.
* The cruise is long and after a while a little repetitive, but that is simply the distance between departure and Yangshuo.
* Take a poncho - rain and no protection could ruin your day.
* Participate in the extra tour.
* Beware of sneaky bones and fat in the meat dishes for lunch...very Chinese :P
* Take some snacks with you!
* Our hotel pick-up time wasn't confirmed until 8:55pm the night before our tour when the tour guide rang our hotel room. I was starting to stress out a little, but it would seem this is common.
* Go to the toilet in the first 30mins of cruising - after this the uni-sex toilets (not squat) become a frightful mess.
* Haggle at the Yangshuo markets. If they start at 400¥, go to 80¥ and move slowly upwards. Don't pay more than 50% of their starting price!
* If the lunch on the boat left you hungry - there are HUNDREDS of food outlets (including cafes, bars, McDs and KFC on West Street in Yangshuo)
* Expect a long day. Left hotel in Guilin at 8:15am, and got back at 6:45pm.
© 1997–2014 Viator, Inc. 330201 All rights reserved. Viator is a registered trademark of Viator, Inc.
is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc. Travel with an Insider is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Viator's Terms & Conditions.