- 4-hour Adelaide sightseeing tour by coach with optional river cruise
- Catch all the highlights of bustling Adelaide’s city center as well as charming towns in the outskirts
- Drive to the top of the Mt Lofty Ranges and where you can disembark for great photo ops and panoramic views
- Travel through the picturesque Picadilly Valley and villages in the lush foothills of Adelaide en route to Hahndorf
- Refresh yourself with afternoon tea in Hahndorf followed by time to explore the quaint village on your own
- Learn about the history and modern day charm of Adelaide from your knowledgeable local guide
- Have the option to begin with a 1-hour cruise on the River Torrens in an iconic Pop-eye boat
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Start in Chinatown where pagoda-style roofs, red lanterns, restaurants and grocery stores are found along Moonta Street, which is marked by a traditional Chinese archway with lion statues. Then swing by the Central Market, the hub of Adelaide’s food scene with hundreds of farmers and specialty shops that provide everything from fresh fruits and veggies to seafood and locally-sourced meats.
Continue to nearby Victoria Square, the heart of the city with many of the South Australia’s most significant historic and modern civic buildings. See St Francis Xavier Cathedral and drive along the grand boulevard King William Street, where the governor’s residence is located along with other important landmarks. Motor down trendy Hutt Street as you head out to North and East Terraces, where cultural institutions like the South Australian Museum and the Adelaide Botanic Gardens are found.
Drive through the tree-lined suburbs as your coach climbs to the top of the Mt Lofty Ranges for spectacular views over Adelaide, from Glenelg to the Gulf St Vincent. Then follow the road to Hahndorf, passing the charming villages of Crafers, Stirling and Aldgate along the way.
When you reach Hahndorf, the oldest surviving German settlement in Australia, your guide explains the history of the town as you drive through the quaint streets to the Hahndorf Inn, where you have about two hours to enjoy a complimentary afternoon tea and time on your own to explore the town. Afterward, your coach returns you to your Adelaide hotel to end your tour.
Tour and River Cruise (one hour):
Begin your tour by hopping on board the iconic Pop-eye boat for a leisurely cruise along the River Torrens. The round-trip cruise departs from Elder Park and glides along the water to the Adelaide Zoo before returning to the landing. Along the way, your captain shares informative commentary about the many landmarks and points of interest located on the river. Look for wildlife including pelicans, Pacific black ducks, Australian wood ducks, black swans, ibis, egrets and herons. Pass under a number of beautiful bridges and get the chance to see some of their features up close. Take in public art and sculptures that dot the grounds of Linear Park, a popular city park that runs along the River Torrens. The river cruise is a great way to enjoy the quieter side of Adelaide and experience the river at the heart of the city.
Click on "View Additional Info" for the hotel pickup list