- Full-day tour to Kangaroo Island by coach and ferry or air, from Adelaide
- Take a guided walk among Australian sea lions with a National Parks Ranger at Seal Bay Conservation Park
- Enjoy a 2-course lunch in stunning Vivonne Bay while looking at wildlife from the restaurant windows
- See kangaroos, koalas and other critters at Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary
- Walk along the coast at Flinders Chase National Park, one of South Australia’s top national parks
- Snap photos of the sculpture-like rock formations named Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch
- Choose to travel by coach and ferry or airplane to arrive at and return from Kangaroo Island
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Admirals ArchPhoto by: Marc J
- Sea Lion Pup! At Seal BeachPhoto by: Michael Y
- Admiral's ArchPhoto by: K M
- Remarkable RocksPhoto by: K M
- KoalaPhoto by: K M
- Wallaby hidingPhoto by: K M
- kangaroo islandPhoto by: Carolina L
- kangaroo islandPhoto by: Carolina L
- SAM_4691Photo by: Nadezhda N
- SAM_4738Photo by: Nadezhda N
- SAM_4676Photo by: Nadezhda N
- SAM_4651Photo by: Nadezhda N
- SAM_4620Photo by: Nadezhda N
- SAM_4619Photo by: Nadezhda N
What You Can Expect
Take in the scenery as you drive to Seal Bay Conservation Park where Australian sea lions sunbathe and frolic on a stunning beach. Meet a National Parks Ranger for a guided walk on the beach and get a close look at the sea lion colony.
Leave the sea lions and head to gorgeous Vivonne Bay for a delicious 2-course lunch at Vivonne Bay Bistro. Large windows and a sun deck allow you to look for critters like kangaroos and koalas in the native bush that surrounds the building.
See more wildlife after lunch when you stop at Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary. Koalas lounge in the eucalyptus groves and echidnas, kangaroos and wallabies roam free on the large predator-free property. Then continue to the rugged southern coast of Flinders Chase National Park for a walk among the giant granite boulders called Remarkable Rocks. Snap photos of a natural rock archway named Admirals Arch, gaze over the Cape Du Couedic coastline and observe the antics of New Zealand fur seals as they play and laze about on the rocks. Throughout the day, your expert guide shares facts about the wildlife and history of the island.
After a day exploring the natural beauty of Kangaroo Island, return to Penneshaw or Kingscote Airport, keeping your eyes peeled for more kangaroo and wallaby sightings. Then travel by air or ferry and coach back to Adelaide where your tour ends.
This trip was excellent, its a long day but the number of sights we visited could not have been accomplished without being on an organised tour. Our driver Greg was local to the island and was very informative. One of our favourite points of the day was seeing the New Zealand fur seals in their natural habitat.
The only negative was that the description of lunch was not accurate. The food was OK, though why fish was not offerred when it is an obvious choice for an island with a fishing fleet is suprising. However there is no fine 'stunning Vivonne Bay' or 'looking at wildlife from the restaurant windows' its a hut amongst trees, no views or wildlife.
That said lunch was a minor part of the day and the trip was well worth doing.
Excellent - what a fabulous place - if you can - stay for a few days - if you can't - go for the day anyway - it is really worth it
This was a very busy day but definitely worth the trip! We saw so much wildlife including a pair of boxing kangaroos! I learnt alot about Kangaroo island and would definitely go back there!
We decided to opt for the bus and ferry there and then we flew back to Adelaide in the evening. It was really worth the money to fly home, we were dropped off at the airport 1 hour before the others even reached the ferry. We were flown back to Adelaide where a driver waited with our names on a board and then drove us back to our hotel, we were back by about 730-8pm, the others would not have reached thier hotel until around 1130pm.
I've already sent a review, but never mind, here it goes again !!
We loved it.
The bus driver on the KI leg was very knowledgeable about the island. His commentary did not stop and he gave very detailed descriptions. He supplied us with drinking water as well.
The other bus drivers, one who picked us up and the other one who took us to our hotel were also very good. Their service was very courteous.
Overall, it made our visit to Kangaroo Island one of the most memorable day trips we've had in Australia.
Had a great day, shame about the forestry, hope it can be solved soon and farming can be viable again
Well organised, informative tour. Coach driver on Kangaroo Island a very good driver. Loved being able to get so close to seals and scenery on coast awesome.
a fantasticday on the island with tour director steve. we want to go back again!!
Great tour. Enjoyed the day.
Pick up was perfectly on time, the driver on the Island was also the guide. He was really well prepared and nice. Lunch was good, with various choices. We did the return cruise and it fits perfectly in a day, although we wish we could have more time on the beautiful Kangaroo Island.