- Fully guided bike tour of South Australia's McLaren Vale wine region
- Visit at least two local wineries for wine tastings
- Enjoy delicious mixed platters of local produce for lunch
- Easy, relaxing bike ride through the beautiful Kuitpo Forest and vineyards of McLaren Vale
- All necessary equipment included, including high-quality mountain bike and helmet
- Small-group tour limited to 6 people provides an intimate experience and ensures personal attention from your guide
What You Can Expect
Once you're outfitted with a high-quality mountain bike and helmet, and given an introductory skills rundown, experienced guides lead you through Kuitpo Forest, where an abundance of radiata pine trees shade the path. After you emerge from the sun-dappled forest, continue your ride along sections of the Kidman Trail. Since the tour begins from the highest point in the area, you can take in breathtaking views of the vineyards while coasting down Willunga Hill.
Continue your leisurely ride through the wineries, where rows of vines blanket the landscape. Sample wines made from these vines with two complimentary tastings at local vineyards. Depending on your group's interests, additional stops can be made. If your tastes lean more toward hops, you can opt for a stop at a local microbrewery, and purchase a beer tasting instead. Find a new favorite varietal or vineyard? Pick up as many bottles as you would like (own expense), and a vehicle will transport them back to the hotel for you.
To sample more of the region’s offerings, enjoy a provided lunch that features a mix of produce from local farms. Continue the relaxed ride to your final location, which is selected by the group. Bike down country roads, or catch a ride in the accompanying vehicle if you’ve had your fill of cycling for the day. Your luxury 4WD will transport you and your purchases back to Adelaide, where you can crack open one of your new bottles and reminisce about the day you spent bicycling amidst the vines.