- Day trip from Adelaide to the Murray River
- Take a 2-hour riverboat cruise, soaking up the scenery and birdlife
- Enjoy morning tea and a buffet lunch on the riverboat
- Learn about Mannum’s history as the birthplace of paddle steamers on the Murray River
- Visit the Gumeracha Toy Factory
- Travel through the verdant Adelaide Hills
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
What You Can Expect
Mannum is a historical town on the river, where European settlement dates back to the 1840s and the first paddle steamer on the Murray River was launched in 1852. When you arrive, board the riverboat for your 2-hour cruise.
You’ll see just a small portion of Australia’s longest river but some of its best scenery, including stark cliffs, willow trees and the Red River Gums. Keep your eyes peeled for wildlife like galahs, cockatoos and pelicans, and enjoy morning tea and lunch served on board.
Afterward, enjoy free time to explore Mannum on your own, and visit a lookout point to admire the view over the city and river. Then hop back on the coach for the return drive to Adelaide, stopping after about 45 minutes in the town of Gumeracha to visit its Toy Factory, home to the self-proclaimed ‘world’s biggest rocking horse.’ Enjoy a snack or drink, if you wish, at the cafe (own expense) before continuing the drive another 45 minutes to Adelaide, passing through the Chain of Ponds to Tea Tree Gully.
Your tour ends with hotel drop-off in Adelaide.
lovely tour of the river, great lunch, nice staff
driver was full of interesting information, he had a great sense of humour, the meal on the boat was first rate, the boat captain was pleasant [not friendly] shame, the rest of the boat crew were great, boat ride could have been longer ?.