- Day trip from Adelaide to Hahndorf and Victor Harbor
- Enjoy panoramic views from Mt Lofty
- Wander the historic town of Hahndorf and learn about its German history
- See the historic Cockle Train and jump aboard for a ride (at own expense)
- Drive through the McLaren Vale wine region
- Small-group tour limited to 20 people ensures a personalized experience with your guide
Your tour continues from Hahndorf, leaving the Adelaide Hills to head south to the historic port of Goolwa near the mouth of the Murray River. After enjoying the waterfront sights of Goolwa, Australia’s first inland port and an important link in the country’s sea and river trade, continue to Port Elliot to take in views along the southern coast en route to Victor Harbor.
If you’re taking this tour on Sunday or Wednesday, you’ll have the option of catching the heritage steam-powered Cockle Train from Goolwa to Victor Harbor (own expense).
At the former whaling and shipping port of Victor Harbor, you might like to take a stroll under the island’s Norfolk pines, follow boardwalk trails or relax by the jetty in this historic seaside town. Or, step aboard the historic, double-decker, horse-drawn tram (own expense) to cross the causeway over to Granite Island.
The return trip to Adelaide takes you through McLaren Vale, one of South Australia’s most celebrated wine regions. The tour stops on McLaren Vale’s main street, allowing you to visit wine and specialty stores where you can browse wines from local vineyards and regional goods such as chocolates and nuts, before continuing to Adelaide where you’ll be dropped at your hotel.