- Day trip from Adelaide to Victor Harbor
- Travel through the countryside, enjoying views of the Mt Lofty Ranges and seaside towns
- Stop in the town of Strathalbyn on the Angas River
- Enjoy two hours of free time in Victor Harbor, home of the horse-drawn tram to Granite Island
- Visit the town of McLaren Vale, where you can sample regional wine, if you wish
- See where the Murray River meets the sea near the port town of Goolwa
- Hotel pickup and drop-off provided
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Arrive in the historic town of Strathalbyn after about an hour’s drive. You have free time to explore this quaint town on the Angas River — perhaps sit down for morning tea at one of the local cafes (own expense). Back on the coach, head to Goolwa, an old paddle-steamer town near the mouth of the Murray River, and then pass by Port Elliot on Horsehoe Bay on your way to Victor Harbor. Total driving time from Strathalbyn to Victor Harbor is about one hour.
In Victor Harbor, you have approximately two hours of free time to explore the town on your own. Maybe take the horse-drawn tram across the causeway to Granite Island, or visit a local restaurant for lunch (all food, drinks and activities are at your own expense).
Back on your coach, start the 45-minute drive north to the town of McLaren Vale in the popular Australian wine region of the same name. Stop for 30 minutes in town, where you can visit a cellar door (tasting room) for a wine tasting, if you wish, or check out local attractions like Medlows Confectionary or the Almond Train (own expense).
Finish your day trip with the 1-hour drive from McLaren Vale back to Adelaide, passing through the picturesque coastal towns of Christies Beach, Port Noarlunga and Moana.
From on-time pick up at our hotel, to drop off 8 hours later, this tour was everything it promised. Knowledgeable commentary along the way, beautiful photo opportunities, and longer stops were just the right length of time. Highly recommended if you want to get an overview of Adelaide and its surrounds.
Really enjoyed this, bus driver was great even though the driver had to do the tour in reverse due to traffic accident. Very comfortable bus, would recommend