- Travel to Arles from Aix-en-Provence and sightsee independently with an Arles Passport
- Explore top city attractions at leisure in the UNESCO World Heritage town of Arles
- Enjoy entry to incredible Roman ruins and monuments like the Cryptoportiques, Arles Ampitheatre and the Constantin Baths
- Visit two famous Arles museums: Museum Réattu and Arles Museum of Antiquity
- Relax in the thermal Constantin Baths
- Round-trip transport by luxury minibus from Aix-en-Provence to Arles included
What You Can Expect
After an hour on the road, your driver will drop you right in the center of the town, leaving you with your Arles Passport and map – everything you need for four hours of independent sightseeing!
Perhaps start with a visit to Arles Ampitheater (Les Arènes), and step back in time to the early 2nd century AD when gladiators would fight to entertain a 20,000-strong crowd. Its thick stone walls are remarkably still intact, and history is indeed set in its stone. Its smaller counterpart, Arles Roman Theatre, is located just across the street, so head inside and see the pillars and columns that comprise the ruins of this intriguing attraction.
Tempted by the lure of more incredible remains? Visit Place du Forum to see where the heart of the city was during the days of the Roman Empire. Don’t let the buzzing modern cafes fool you, for the ruins are craftily concealed below ground in the Cryptoportiques – a tantalizing network of cellars that were carved out in the 1st century BC; head underground to check them out! Back above ground, you can visit the Constantin Baths (Thermes de Constantin) to see the ruins of the thermal baths that were built for Roman Emperor Constantin.
Your Arles Passport also includes entry to St-Trophime Church – a true Romanesque beauty – and two museums: Museum Réattu and Arles Museum of Antiquity. See colorful canvases depicting modern-day Provencal life in the former, and an enchanting array of antiquities in the latter.
Meet your driver at the pre-arranged time, and return to Aix in the comfort of your air-conditioned minibus. Your tour finishes back at the start point in the early evening.