- Full-day Provence tour from Aix-en-Provence
- Spend time at leisure in Les Baux de Provence soaking up its stunning views
- Stop for photos by the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Pont du Gard
- Explore Avignon on a walking tour and see attractions like Pont St-Bénezet and Popes’ Palace
- Visit a winery in Châteauneuf-du-Pape for a tour and wine-tasting session
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
What You Can Expect
Continue north by minibus and stop for photos by Pont du Gard, a UNESCO World Heritage-listed Roman aqueduct that once supplied the ancient city of Nimes with water. A short distance away is the city of Avignon, which you’ll visit next on a walking tour. Known as the City of Popes (Cité des Papes), Avignon was once home to a succession of 14th- and 15th-century French popes who lavished the city with grand architectural gestures. While exploring with your guide, see several such monuments, like the Pont St-Bénezet – a striking medieval bridge – and the impressive Popes’ Palace (Palais des Papes) which you can visit (own expense).
After a break for lunch in town (own expense), head to Châteauneuf-du-Pape village, in the heart of the country’s Rhône Valley. The name ‘Châteauneuf-du-Pape’ also applies to the appellation (wine-making region) in which the village lies, and you’ll taste several of its famous wines on a tour of a wine estate here. See the vineyards and cellars while learning about the region’s viniculture from your guide.
Having soaked up the delights of Châteauneuf-du-Pape, meet your guide for your journey back to Aix-en-Provence. Your tour finishes back at the start point in the early evening.