- Half-day trip from Aix to the Camargue, the gorgeous wetlands of Provence
- Learn about the Parc Naturel Regional de Camargue and its protected flora and fauna from your guide
- Stop in the seaside town of Les Saintes Maries de la Mer for a walking tour
- Visit Église des Saintes Maries and learn about Ste Sarah, the town’s patron saint
- Choose from two optional activities if you wish: visit Pont de Gau Ornithological Park or enjoy a Camargue horse ride
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
What You Can Expect
Look out for black bulls and wild horses roaming freely as you head away from the beaten Provencal tourist trail, and then stop in the pretty coastal town of Les Saintes Maries de la Mer. Explore this sleepy capital of the Camargue on a walking tour with your guide, soaking up its uniquely Mediterranean ambiance, illustrated by its white-washed houses and paella cooking on the streets. Head inside the town’s medieval church – Église des Saintes Maries – and hear about Ste Sarah, the town’s much revered patron saint.
After your walking tour, enjoy some free time to do as much (or as little!) as you like. Bring your bathing suit and go for a swim in the sea, or arrange to do one of two optional activities with your guide (own expense). Either visit Pont de Gau Ornithological Park to see the region’s famous pink flamingos, or venture out on a horse ride through the Camarague’s marshes or along the beach. Experience isn’t necessary – simply join a trek that’s suited to your ability.
Meet your guide at the pre-arranged time, and return to Aix in the comfort of your air-conditioned minibus. Your tour finishes in the early evening at the start point.