- Half-day trip to the Luberon region from Aix-en-Provence
- Explore the gorgeous Provencal villages of Luberon with an expert guide
- Admire the Renaissance architecture of Lourmarin Castle
- Travel along the scenic river valley known as Combe of Lourmarin and relax in Bonnieux village
- Pass the Roman arched bridge of Pont Julien while traveling to Roussillon
What You Can Expect
First stop is Lourmarin for a photo stop against the backdrop of Lourmarin Castle – Provence’s first Renaissance castle. Continue by minivan along the scenic river valley of Combe of Lourmarin, and then arrive in the neighboring village of Bonnieux. Spend time at leisure here, perhaps visiting its 12th-century church or relaxing in the shade of its century-old cedar trees.
Travel through more swathes of soft-hued countryside, passing a Roman arched bridge called Pont Julien, and then take a stroll through the village of Roussillon – known for its orange clay cliffs that are tinged from the soil’s rich ochre pigments.
Before returning to Aix, visit Gordes, a cliff-top village, to soak up its dramatic view. Head back to Aix and finish your tour at the start point in the early evening.
Amazing sites covered in just half day. The pace is just perfect to really enjoy and learn about the various sites.
This tour provides an overview of Provence with stops for photos and souvenirs along the way. The landscape is incredible, and the driver/tour guide is quite knowledgeable. Not to be missed!!!