- Half-day trip to the Luberon region from Aix-en-Provence
- Explore the gorgeous Provencal villages of Luberon with an expert guide
- Admire the Renaissance architecture of Lourmarin Castle
- Travel along the scenic river valley known as Combe of Lourmarin and relax in Bonnieux village
- Pass the Roman arched bridge of Pont Julien while traveling to Roussillon
What You Can Expect
First stop is Lourmarin for a photo stop against the backdrop of Lourmarin Castle – Provence’s first Renaissance castle. Continue by minivan along the scenic river valley of Combe of Lourmarin, and then arrive in the neighboring village of Bonnieux. Spend time at leisure here, perhaps visiting its 12th-century church or relaxing in the shade of its century-old cedar trees.
Travel through more swathes of soft-hued countryside, passing a Roman arched bridge called Pont Julien, and then take a stroll through the village of Roussillon – known for its orange clay cliffs that are tinged from the soil’s rich ochre pigments.
Before returning to Aix, visit Gordes, a cliff-top village, to soak up its dramatic view. Head back to Aix and finish your tour at the start point in the early evening.
I am a Travel Advisor with my own travel agency. Our tour guide Rino made our entire trip! He was very informative, friendly, and interactive with me and my children. We will remember our tour for many years to come because of him.
This was a wonderful tour. Our guide, Lea, was charming, fun, and knowledgeable. We enjoyed every minute of the tour perhaps not the heat so much, but Lea had no control over that. I would highly recommend this tour. We would not have been able to do this tour ourselves, and these villages are definitely NOT to be missed!