- Day trip to Côtes de Provence St-Victoire and the Luberon region from Aix-en-Provence
- Sample divine red and rosé wines at two vineyards in the foothills of St-Victoire Mountain
- Spend an afternoon in the Luberon region of Provence, exploring its sleepy hilltop villages
- Pose for photos against the beautiful backdrop of Lourmarin Castle
- See the Roman arched bridge of Pont Julien on the way to Roussillon
What You Can Expect
Visit two of the renowned Côtes de Provence St-Victoire wineries, and sample glasses of their prized reds and rosés during wine-tasting sessions with your guide. Learn about the region, the different wines and their subtle complexities that afford their winning flavors.
Return to Aix-en-Provence for lunch (own expense), and then meet your guide at the pre-arranged time for your afternoon in the Luberon region. Embodying picturesque rural France at its finest, the area is peppered with hilltop hamlets and villages – and you’ll see the best of them!
First stop is Lourmarin for a photo stop against the backdrop of Lourmarin Castle – Provence’s first Renaissance castle. Continue by minivan along the scenic river valley of Combe of Lourmarin, and then arrive in the neighboring village of Bonnieux. Spend time at leisure here, perhaps visiting its 12th-century church or relaxing in the shade of its century-old cedar trees.
Travel through more swathes of soft-hued countryside, passing a Roman arched bridge called Pont Julien, and then take a stroll through the village of Roussillon – known for its orange clay cliffs that are tinged from the soil’s rich ochre pigments.
Before returning to Aix, visit Gordes, a cliff-top village, to soak up its dramatic view. Head back to Aix and finish your tour at the start point in the early evening.
This tour was worth every penny. Saw beautiful scenery, tasted great wines, and had the best person providing us the tour. She was really knowledgable and spoke with so much love about where she was from. Would do it again in a heartbeat!
Loved, loved, loved it!!