- 2-hour Akaroa Harbour cruise by luxury catamaran to see the worlds smallest and rarest dolphin, the Hector's dolphin
- See fur seals as you cruise past Seal Bay
- Stop at Lucas Bay to see a salmon farm
- Stunning scenery and plenty of photo opportunities
- Fully narrated by knowledgeable skipper
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Diamond PrincessPhoto by: shadania
- Seals sunning themselvesPhoto by: shadania
- Hector DolphinPhoto by: shadania
- Rock formationsPhoto by: shadania
- Amazing rock formationsPhoto by: shadania
- Creative shotPhoto by: shadania
- Our cruiser - very comfortablePhoto by: shadania
- Another sailing boat viewing ...Photo by: shadania
- Close up views of the shorePhoto by: shadania
- Amazing harbourPhoto by: shadania
- Our excellent and friendly ...Photo by: shadania
- Booking Office for TourPhoto by: shadania
- Boarding Black CatPhoto by: shadania
- Black Cat Cruise - Hectors ...Photo by: Florence S
United Kingdom, 01 2008
What You Can Expect
This was an amazing trip. We saw heaps of sea life and the tour guide was full of local knowledge. I would highly recommend this trip for anyone visiting Akaroa
What a magic cruise. We arrived on our cruise ship and boarded our nature cruise - conveniently located on the same wharf as the tender boats. The harbour is a magic place and seeing it from the water was breathtaking. The fact that the weather was perfect - with little wind - sunny skies and aqua water helped. Our skipper - Julian - was exceptional!! Providing informative and interesting commentary and making sure people on both sides of the boat were able to see the little dolphins. This is another tour that I'd highly recommend - two hours just flew.
Loved this trip and we saw everything we wanted.
Definitely worth the price and offered a beautiful view of the Harbor. Captain was knowledgable and we were able to see dolphins as depicted in the photo. Suggest private walking tour of Akaroa using tourist info headphones and map as we'll. inexpensive
The wind was blowing a gale and the seas very rough but it was a good little cruise. Not many dolphins but we saw seals on the rocks and a pair of penguins
Unfortunately, our cruise was cancelled when we arrived on the dock on our day as the waters were considered too rough and high winds. I rate the cruise a 5 star anyway as I know it would have been great.
Black cat were brilliant due to traffic problems we arrived late and they put us on the swim with dolphin cruise instead. we had wonderful views of hectors dolphins and penguins swimming alongside boat for almost the entire trip.would recommend this company for both harbour cruise and swim with dolphins.
Akaroa Harbour is a very nice place to visit if you are in Christchurch. We rented a car and drove 1 and 1/2 hours from Christchurch to Akaroa. The view along the journal was spectacular. The cruise was great and we did manage to see penguine and dolphins on that day. We were given a nice post card to remember after the cruise. We had a great trip.