- Banks Peninsula, Christchurch tour and Willowbank Wildlife Reserve from Akaroa port
- Enjoy a scenic trip along the Akaroa Highway with its stunning scenery
- Take a walk through the Chistchurch Botanic Gardens
- See the sights of central Christchurch and the rebuilding process from the 2011 earthquake
- Admire the elusive kiwi bird at Willowbank Wildlife Reserve
- Learn about the breeding programs at the wildlife reserve
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
Our driver made the day with his enthusiasm and personal knowledge of the area. Enjoyed seeing Christ Church with him. His explanations and tour areas were very good. The guide in the Reserve was also very good. You could tell he loved his work and loved showing the animals in the Reserve. He even called them by name!
Willowbank was pretty awesome. The city of Christcharch is still trying to recover from a 2011 earthquake. Tour was excellent.
The tour was well planned. Pick up in the morning and return to the ship was perfect. Our guide was very knowledgeable of the area and of Christchurch in particular. She took us to all the important areas and provided good photo opportunities. The only drawback is that Christchurch is a fair distance away and a long drive. The upside is that we got to see a lot of the countryside with on the spot information and anecdotes. The visit to the wildlife reserve was excellent and gave us an opportunity for a decent lunch. Highly recommended. Thank you
We were disappointed with the driver and his knowledge and communication skills of the area. He was a concern with his driver fatique , we felt he needed Driver Fatique management training. Our concern came on our way back to Akaroa around the winding hills and the weather was wet. He definetly needs training in all areas and be reassuring the safety of all. Not a Pleasant experience