- Banks Peninsula and Christchurch shore excursion from Akaroa Harbour
- Admire the breathtaking scenery of Akaroa Harbour, Lake Ellesmere and the Southern Alps
- Take a walk through Christchurch Botanical Gardens
- See the devastating effects of Christchurch's 2011 earthquake and the old CBD
- Visit the coastal towns of Sumner and Lyttleton
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
trvlmore United States of ...
Our driver and guide was pleasant, thorough and very informative. It was sad to see Christchurch after the earthquake and how much is still to be done to recover.
An excellent tour although Christchurch is still suffering from the earthquake of 2011 and many of the buildings have not yet been re-built.
This trip was fantastic! Even with rough seas, our pilot was able to navigate to the Hole in the Rock and gave us a fantastic view and trip.
An exceptionally good tour. Our driver/guide, Rodney, was brilliant. He had lots of local knowledge, and experience.
Got to see a lot and Christchurch was amazing
It was great. Driver very informative.
An interesting tour covering firstly Akaroa, and then a quite long drive around the Banks Peninsula to Christchurch. A pleasing walk through the picturesque Botanic Gardens then back on the coach for a drive highlighting much of the earthquake destruction, and subsequent rebuilding of Christchurch. After a lunch stop at the remarkable reStart complex food and retail outlets all constructed from shipping containers we returned to Akaroa via a different route . A great tour for those with limited time as demanded by the cruise ship schedule to spend in the various areas covered. Good value and very informative.
Great tour beautiful town wish the ship could have gotten a lot closer to the wharf