- 3-hour whale-watching tour
- Enjoy close-up views of north Icelandic marine life such as dolphins and humpback whales while cruising from Dalvik harbor
- Stay warm with protective clothing, and help yourself to a hot drink and refreshments
- Have a go at sea angling and eat your catch back at the shore
- Choose from a selection of different start times with optional hotel pickup and drop-off
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Take a seat on deck, and cruise to a nearby whale-watching spot as your guide explains all the different species of marine wildlife. Scan the water for harbor porpoises and dolphins in addition to minke and humpback whales. Keep your eyes open wide to see signs of life that your guide has described; the whales of north Iceland often surface near the boat, so have your camera poised, ready to capture the action!
The frostbitten coastline is home to some impressive birdlife, too, and your guide will point out the different seabirds, and sometimes puffins, that are found in the area. If you feel cold, defrost with a hot drink and some light Icelandic refreshments from your boat’s viewing area.
After spending some time docked in the waters, cruise back to the harbor and enjoy a last stop along the way to try your hand at sea angling. Spend roughly 15 minutes learning how to use the tackle and catch your own fish, and then return to shore to grill it and eat! If you have opted to include a hotel drop-off, travel back to your Akureyri hotel. Alternatively, your tour finishes at the Dalvik harbor after eating your catch.
Please note: this tour has a 98 percent whale-spotting success rate! In the unlikely event that you don’t see a whale, a complimentary ticket for another boat ride will be given.