Come and enjoy the beauty of the striking Maligne Valley. The tour includes a short walk around the top of Maligne Canyon, then a scenic drive up the valley past the mysterious disappearing Medicine Lake to Maligne Lake.
- Tour of Maligne Valley and local wildlife from Jasper
- Explore Maligne Lake and view its extensive Karst system
- Learn about the mysteries of Maligne Valley from your professional guide
- Watch for winter wildlife including moose, caribou, sheep, wolves and coyotes
- During the summer, take a cruise on Maligne Lake
- Pickup and drop-off available from Jasper hotels
This area has much to brag about. Maligne Lake is the longest natural lake in the Canadian Rockies. The lake drains into the Maligne River down from the lake to Medicine Lake - the disappearing lake. The mystery begins here. This is the start of what is believed to be the most extensive Karst system or underground river system in Canada, yet to be explored. The Canyon, Athabasca River and the surrounding lakes are all exits of this karst system at the lower end of the valley. There has not been a way discovered yet to gain access to the caving system either from the lake end or the Canyon, keeping this a mystery. Your guide will expand on this in their commentary.
The wildlife in winter can include moose, caribou, bull elk, big horn sheep, wolves, coyotes and more.
During the summer months, you will have the opportunity to take a boat cruise on the Lake.