Ride the rails over the Yellowhead Pass, the border between Alberta and British Columbia, following the Fraser River, and past Mount Robson, the highest mountain in the Canadian Rockies. The van tour includes stops for wildlife, points of interest including the Mt. Robson Information Centre. Depending on the time of year, this can be an excellent tour for seeing bear, moose, eagles, salmon, deer, elk and coyotes.
- Railway trip from Jasper over the Alberta/British Columbia border
- Ride over Yellowhead Pass on this scenic train journey
- Travel past Mount Robson, the highest mountain in the Canadian Rockies
- Watch for wildlife like bears, moose, eagles, salmon, deer, elk and coyotes
- Visit the Dunster General Store
- Pickup and drop-off from Jasper hotels is available; return journey is by van
At Dunster, visit the Dunster General Store, Dunster's answer to Walmart. They have everything from the mail to the chicken feed all under one roof. This is the opportunity for many people on holidays to take a short train excursion without signing up for traveling across Canada. The train trip portion is approximately 2.5 hours and the return to Jasper by van is 138 km with stops for wildlife and points of interest. Generally the van takes about 2 hours to return to Jasper.
Reviewed by JACQUELYN M, August 2011
My friends and I thoroughly enjoyed our trip. The train ride was wonderful. When we were on our way back our driver, Dieter, took us on a great tour, stopping and pointing out numerous points. Also took us down to Rearguard Falls which was fantastic. All in all I really think it's well worth going.
Reviewed by Yoichi C, May 2011
It was really wonderful. We waited at our hotel and the company car arrived on time. The ride on the train and beautiful scenery were great.
We enjoyed the later car ride with good talking of car driver. We recommend this tour.