- Uluru and Kata Tjuta small-group overnight tour from Alice Springs or Ayers Rock
- Travel through the Red Center and see Uluru and the majestic domes of Kata Tjuta
- Visit the Cultural Centre and learn about Aboriginal law and beliefs
- Watch the changing colors of Ayers Rock at sunset and sunrise
- Discover the mysteries of Uluru on a guided base walk
- Sleep out under the stars in an outback bush camp
- Small-group tour ensures a more personalized experience
After being picked up in Alice Springs or at Ayers Rock Airport, travel through the Red Center (known as the heart of the country, where the landscape is vast and earth is deep red in color) to the base of Uluru for an interpretive walk at this iconic outback landmark. Lunch is included for passengers departing from Alice Springs only. The tour will commence after lunch (own expense) for those joining at Ayers Rock Airport or Outback Pioneer Hotel.
While walking around the base with your guide, hear how Uluru is a sacred site for the local Anangu people, and why climbing the rock is considered disrespectful to their ancient traditions. You have the option to climb Uluru, but this is discouraged by the Anangu people.
Hear more about the Aboriginal Dreamtime (folklore) stories connected to Uluru at the Cultural Centre, then settle back to watch the amazing sight of Uluru at sunset. The changing light casts an array of colors on the rock, heightening the monolith’s crevices and undulations as the sun drops beneath the horizon.
After dinner cooked and eaten around the campfire at your private campsite, sleep under the stars in a traditional swag -- the outback term for a bedroll, which contains a mattress, sheet and pillow for a comfortable night's sleep!
Day 2: Uluru - Kata Tjuta (B)
You’ll be woken early to catch the stunning sight of Uluru at sunrise. After breakfast at the campsite, travel to Kata Tjuta to take a guided walk around its many sandstone domes. With your guide, walk through the Valley of the Winds, follow dried creek beds and experience the outback’s poetic sense of isolated wilderness.
After your walk around Kata Tjuta, travel to the Outback Pioneer Hotel at Uluru, or the airport where your two-day outback tour ends.