Nothing can prepare you for your first visit to Uluru and Kata Tjuta (the Olgas). Set out on a full day trip from Alice Springs and be awed by the ancient spirit and wonder of Uluru and Kata Tjuta, with time to follow mysterious walking trails and see the mighty Rock at sunset. Complete your outback experience with a sunset buffet dinner.
- Experience Uluru (Ayers Rock) and The Olgas in one day on this full-day tour from Alice Springs
- Soak up the atmosphere on short guided walks to Mutitjulu Waterhole, around the base of Uluru (Ayers Rock) and Kata Tjuta
- See the changing hues as the sunsets over Uluru (Ayers Rock)
- See Aboriginal rock art
- Includes morning tea
- Enjoy buffet dinner and sparking wine or juice
- Friendly and informative guide
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- Hotel pickup and drop off
Recent Photos of this Tour
Rising from the desert sands, this massive creation from the dawn of time will overwhelm you. The richness of color changing by the hour, the powerful presence of the Aboriginal Tjukurpa and the enormity of this symbol of the Australian Outback. Nothing will prepare you for your first close up of Uluru; its ancient mystery, its spirit and its wonder.
Highlights of your day trip to Uluru from Alice Springs include:
- Pass the West MacDonnell Ranges
- Take a break at Jim's Place, Stuart's Well - a typical outback roadside stop - there's time for breakfast, light or cooked (own expense)
- Cross remote endless plains and experience the vast openness of Outback Australia
- Enjoy a complimentary Billy Tea or a cool drink with a lamington cake while taking in superb views of Mt Conner mesa
- Experience the presence of Uluru - the massive stone heart of Australia
- Learn of Aboriginal Tjukurpa and rock art on the Mala Walk
- Take a complete circuit tour around the base of Uluru learning of the geology and legends of the rock
- Take a guided walk to Mutitjulu Waterhole and see Aboriginal rock art
- Learn of the law, legends and bush tucker of the Anangu people
- Visit the Uluru and Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre and learn about Aboriginal culture and art
- Uluru base
- Visit Kata Tjuta - walking trails lead to cool valleys and secluded waterholes
- Witness an Uluru sunset while sipping sparkling wine or juice followed by a sunset buffet consisting of cold meats, garden salad and bread
Reviewed by Martine, November 2012
Tour was fantastic. The tour operators were helpful and looked after everyone on the bus to make sure everyone drank enough water and ate enough to sustain their energy. The tour operators went above and beyond. The sunset dinner overlooking Ayers Rock was the perfect ending to a spectacular day.
Reviewed by Lynda R, November 2012
We had an excellent tour. Tic and Lynn were great. We stopped often to view Uluru, the olgas, and all care was taken wo we would enjoy our experience. We had a breakfast, lunch, and wine dinner watching the sunset at Uluru. Very knowledgeable tour guides. I would totally recomment this tour.